FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC's On-line Fiction Magazine....

Author Topic: OSC's On-line Fiction Magazine....
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Any updates?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Almost ready. My temptation is to include more stories. My other temptation is to wait until we have all the art assembled. But no - the whole point of an online magazine is that we keep adding content.

So we'll have six or seven stories and some of them will have art, and we'll have most of our columns when the first issue launches. Then we'll add illustrations as they come in, and even though the magazine is quarterly the columns will be monthly, so for the price of the one issue you can keep going back and finding new content.

So the initial launch will be Any Day Now.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
How will we know when it is up and running? I assume a link will be posted on Hatrack. Any other way? Do you know what the web address will be?
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the title? Guidelines?
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

The name of the magazine is Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show.

The address is http://www.intergalacticmedicineshow.com.

You can stop by and see the site under construction if you want.

I thought (silly me) that we could get it all ready by the first of August. Now I know better - we're shooting for 15 October. Many of the delays were caused by the fact that I had a lot of time sucked out of my life by a SIGNING TOUR this summer. But we have most of the fiction for the second issue lined up, and I'm working with artists to get illustrations done.

We're also going to have our columnists outside the paid portion of each issue, at least at first. And though the magazine is quarterly, we're asking some of our columnists to be monthly - we'll simply add their new columns to the most recent issue until the next issue come out, and add them to THAT. We'll email owners of the issue that new content has been posted.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jer1m1ah
Member # 2575

- posted      Profile for jer1m1ah   Email jer1m1ah         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a illustrator and would love to do somthing for the online magazine. Were can I send my portfolio so I can be considered
Posts: 49 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

jer1m1ah, any spot on this site where you fill out a form and write to the site will go to someone who will forward it to me. I think there must be a place where you can "ask a question" and those get read by Kathleen Bellamy, who forwards the ones that involve questions only I can answer.

My email isn't a secret, but if I post it here I'll get back on everybody's spam lists again.

Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=32596 I guess it really is about ready.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. I guess they changed the title . . .
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leverandon
Member # 8672

- posted      Profile for Leverandon   Email Leverandon         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard much about this magazine...is OSC taking material from new writers or does he have a core of established writers that will be contributing the short stories for this magazine?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
The first few issues are by invitation only, but I assume sometime after that (when the magazine has proven itself to be astoundingly successful) he will open to general submissions.
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.