FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » AR Question for Mr. Card.

Author Topic: AR Question for Mr. Card.
Nomolos
Member # 7703

- posted      Profile for Nomolos   Email Nomolos         Edit/Delete Post 
After finishing Advent Rising, I feel the same as if I had finished a novel. I got attached to the characters, emerssed in the story, and then unwillingly hijacked out of it's universe when it was over.

And also, much like any good SF book, I still can't get the story out of my head.

So here I am now, posting on the forums of my favorite sf author, after remembering that you said you might be writing the novel adaptations.

Are you still planning on that?

Please, please, please say yes...

[ September 25, 2005, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Nomolos ]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to. But the games (and ancillary rights) are tied up with the publisher, Majesco, while the game's creators have moved on (Chair Entertainment) and are working on another project. THAT is the book I'm writing right now. The rest of the Advent Rising story is fascinating, and I, too, have questions I'd like to resolve. I'm glad you found it so novel-like. But alas, if there ever is a novel, I doubt I'll be the one writing it.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitoshi
Member # 8218

- posted      Profile for Hitoshi   Email Hitoshi         Edit/Delete Post 
So it's more or less official? There will be no more Advent Rising games?

Man, I got so emotionally involved in the game, that I *need* to know how it would've ended. That game's story was one of the few reasons I wanted that game so badly. And now we may never know how it ended... [Cry]

Posts: 208 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.