FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » a question for Mr. Card

Author Topic: a question for Mr. Card
ShadowPuppet
Member # 8239

- posted      Profile for ShadowPuppet   Email ShadowPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
ok my brother asked me this question yesterday
and we argued over it for some bit

but I promised I'd relay the question back here

try to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth as it were

so my brother has the idea that in Ender's Game there was hints that Ender and Petra were to "get together"

now of course we all know the final outcome
and I seem to recall Petra even telling Bean about having some feelings towards Ender on Eros

maybe not

so his question would be
did you ever have in mind the have Ender and Petra hook up?

or is my brother just delusional and reading too much into something?

...he does that..

ok that's my question
an answer would be appreciated but not necissary

Posts: 83 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
My read of the original EG is that Petra wound up with Dink. Though, with Petra being the only girl in the group and Ender being the alpha male, it does seem kind of unfair that she seems to be going off with Dink. But Dink was the oldest. As things turned out, she winds up with neither.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

- posted      Profile for hiro1000   Email hiro1000         Edit/Delete Post 
she wounded up with the smart one, then the dementic/crazy one.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
The hinting your brother is speaking of is when she crys - that specifically was a emotional attachment to him as a leader - cause she loves him but not in that way - she can't cause he is Ender he is different.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.