FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Intergalactic Medicine Show: update

Author Topic: Intergalactic Medicine Show: update
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
We have the date!! Mark your calendar!
From SciFi.com

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Just as another side note...

Did you all notice that Mr. Card has chaged the temporary page for the web site ?

I certainly can't blame him after the heated conversation that has taken place over it this past week.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
don't say no to the Incredible Medicine Show
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck with the Medicine Show. There is something really catchy about the name. It's campy in all the right ways, like something out of vaudeville, with a chicken soup for the soul appetizer.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
It feels very "Alvin Maker" to me.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JannieJ
Member # 8683

- posted      Profile for JannieJ   Email JannieJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the name. You just have to look at it with a name like that.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccersprout91
Member # 8207

- posted      Profile for soccersprout91   Email soccersprout91         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ramdac99:
don't say no to the Incredible Medicine Show

....you RULE. [Big Grin]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polemic
Member # 7672

- posted      Profile for polemic   Email polemic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by beatnix19:
Just as another side note...

Did you all notice that Mr. Card has chaged the temporary page for the web site ?

I certainly can't blame him after the heated conversation that has taken place over it this past week.

If you're mildly savvy things past can be made to appear present...
Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth, I think that new temporary page looks sweet.

Of course, I quite liked the last page too, so what do I know? [Wink]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think everyone universally likes the new logo.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
We're almost there.... Have you checked it out recently?
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow's the big day?

I can't wait to read the Mazer story.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm registered, but still can't subscribe. I am excited to read "Respite". I think it's the one that someone submitted for a boot camp submission and OSC bought it on the spot.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I'm registered. Guess we can all subscribe tomorrow.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*mournful* Some of us can.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't you, Rivka?
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m registered. I think I’ll start with “Mazer in Prison” tomorrow.

Crossing my fingers for rivka.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebulan
Member # 8420

- posted      Profile for Zebulan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
*mournful* Some of us can.

Grumble grumble.

The 15th is a Saturday. Not exactly a good day to be logging onto the internet for Sabbath-observant Jews. Either that, Or I suppose some people only have unfettered internet access from work.

At least we'll have something to look forward to on Saturday night!

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly had no idea that Internet surfing broke the Sabbath. Well, we wouldn't want to interfere with your beliefs in any way. But, Saturday night will be here quicker than you think! Or Monday, for those who have to wait till then to log on.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just registered. Oooh, there just teasing use with the titles and pictures posted already! Can't wait til tomorrow.

And Miss Dryden, I can't wait to read Respite.

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

I'm super curious as to what people think of the story. It was pretty much the first story I wrote as an adult, and it earned me a rejection from boot camp.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
But you sold it!
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

What Gansura said. Although good point about the at-work-only surfers. I know we have a bunch of those.

Ann, no turning on or off anything electric, or causing it to do anything (which in essence means turning on and off individual circuits). So, no computer and no Internet.

Which actually really helps with the peace and relaxation and focusing on God aspects -- I'm just whining for the heck of it. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all signed up and ready to subscribe!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was pretty much the first story I wrote as an adult, and it earned me a rejection from boot camp.
That makes me feel so much better about being rejected! *grumbles "I told you so" to non-existant person and walks away*
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*beams* I got katharina.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capt. Queeg
Member # 8709

- posted      Profile for Capt. Queeg   Email Capt. Queeg         Edit/Delete Post 
OK Who isn't going to hit the site at 12:00:01 AM EDT?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't expect that I will. I do expect to have read the thing virtual cover to virtual cover before I get to work on Monday though.

Cool that you got your name kat! I had no trouble getting Noemon, but that isn't terribly surprising.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

It won't all be available "cover to cover" tomorrow. It will get stuff added to it regularly, all under the first month's subscription, over the course of the month.
Noemon
Member # 1115

True. It would be more accurate to say that on Sunday I will be reading all of the material then available in the first issue.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Race ya. [Wink]
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] You're on.
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the website looks very nice in its final form. I may even buy the first issue.

Though I kind of regret having bought a used copy of Hot Sleep now.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

quote:
Originally posted by Irami Osei-Frimpong:

Good Luck with the Medicine Show. There is something really catchy about the name. It's campy in all the right ways, like something out of vaudeville, with a chicken soup for the soul appetizer.

It sounds like something Penn & Teller would call one of their shows.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

I think the website looks very nice in its final form. I may even buy the first issue.

Though I kind of regret having bought a used copy of Hot Sleep now.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

If regret turns into remorse, I'll buy it from you.
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm most excited about the audio book included, how cools is that, you can read it online, print it out, OR listen to it on your ipod or whatever... I wonder what time zone of the 25th they will release it on. Good thing it is not today or I would be getting no work done!
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very excited that this venue will appeal to new authors and artists who appreciate Card's focus on character and community. This is professional, so they'll get paid and get some exposure; but it feels homey/safe enough that those who love to write but don't know if they do it well, will take a chance and submit their work.

I've generally enjoyed the thoughts, as reflected by Hatrack, of those who have been effected by Card's work. I can't wait to read art from people with the same background.

[ October 14, 2005, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.