FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Intergalactic Medicine Show Is UP!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intergalactic Medicine Show Is UP!!!
Rusta-burger
Member # 8753

- posted      Profile for Rusta-burger   Email Rusta-burger         Edit/Delete Post 
So far I've only read Mazer in Prison, Respite and the preview of everything else. I think Mazer In Prison Alone is worth $2.50. Of course i didn't pay for it, it was bought for me (refer to about 3 replies up). Thanks again Boon.
Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying it. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah13
Member # 8765

- posted      Profile for Isaiah13   Email Isaiah13         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished reading the magazine today. Hats off to everyone involved. The stories and artwork are great. Looking forward to issue #2.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
You people don't know how to savor things, do you?
Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
"I wanna read the ender game short stories, nothing else, so I don't wanna pay for the whole subscription for only one thing."
-Suri cool

Yeah, I'm pretty much only interested in the Ender stories but I don't want to pay 2.50 for every issue...

I know I know. I'm complaining. But c'mon! Maybe if it's serial of short stories with a set number. I also don't like that some people other than OSC are writing some of them. Oh well...

Complain complain...

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, most (if not all--I haven't read the last two) of the other stories are well worth reading. Limiting yourself to one author is going to prevent you from much reading enjoyment over the course of your lifetime.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole point of the mag is to have a venture that OSC doesn't have to pen in its entirety.

Come off your high horse; the stories are excellent. Time to broaden the old horizons.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The non-OSC stories are excellent.

The clock is really cool looking, but it eats up my CPU . . . and I keep getting little pop-ups that say "Petra is in Russia"! What's up with that?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivor
Member # 233

- posted      Profile for Survivor   Email Survivor         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 763 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
What a deal. At $2.50 you can NOT beat this. I just purchased issue 1 last night, and I am going to savor this, since it is only quarterly.

What's up with that by the way? This should be monthly. Hopefully it will get so popular that that will be feasible.

So far it is cheaper than a newstand mag and, imo, every bit as good or better.

The artwork is definitely better than what you usually get from F&SF or Asimov's. But being a netzine, you would expect as much. And so far we are seeing some great new names. None of the other prozines have this many newcomers in one issue. I hope the trend continues, even as I hope those writers get even more of their stuff picked up by IGMS. Because if the rest are as good as 'Respite' was (I'm savoring this remember), then this is going to be an astounding first issue.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Additions to the current issue are every two weeks, neh? As in, this weekend . . . ? *hopeful*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, so more stories can be added to already bought issues without any extra payment?

And how often DO new issues come out?

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott is adding columns and sections of the serialized novel over the quarter; but there won't actually be more new fiction stories until the next issue, which is probably coming out in January.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
Any update on when the new issue is coming out?
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
February 15th, I believe it was.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Great.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Purchasing it doesn't work for me if indeed PayPal is the only payment option. PayPal doesn't exist for Sri Lanka, and that's a whole long diatribe I'm not getting into right now. So, I'm out. [Frown]

I can't tell - I've gone to the site and registered, but no matter where I go or what I do, I never actually get to the point of being asked for payment. Oh well.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to use Paypal to get an issue. You can choose to use it or with your credit card dierctly. If it's with your credit card the site uses paypal to process but you yourself don't need a paypal account for that to happen.

Or if I'm wrong I'll buy you a copy like Boon did for me with my last account. For some reason, even though I forgot about that account and the password to it, it's currently logged in. What's up with that?

[ January 17, 2006, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: cheiros do ender ]

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

SeeingHand, I'm guessing issues would come out as oten as possible, roughly quarterly. If one issue doesn't make the required profit within that time (10000 sales), the next issue simply won't be sold... yet. But yeah, that's just a guess.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheiros, it's possible you're right, but since I can't get to the point where they ask for money, I don't actually know. I'll check again tomorrow and see if it's resolved.

Thanks for the offer. Very kind of you. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.