FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Now that IGMS is subs are up...

Author Topic: Now that IGMS is subs are up...
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
just curious about how long a typical reply is? About 3 months?
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the man's first issue. There is no typical response time. (Though mine, for what it's worth, are about that... and counting. No pressure, Scott!) Didn't he say somewhere else that open subs would be for issue three? I think that's CleverAuthor for "Don't hold your breath!"
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since issue 3 is going to be in six months, hopefully response time will be a little shorter than that [Big Grin] ! But I'm with Oliver - patience is a virtue.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Does IGMS have an official policy regarding simultaneous submissions? I did not see mention of one on the submission page, but perhaps I missed it.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

:bump:
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
In the absence of information to the contrary, I always assume no, for any market. Which is why Scott is only holding on to one of mine at the moment.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oliver Dale
Member # 8398

- posted      Profile for Oliver Dale   Email Oliver Dale         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not confuse simultaneous subs with multiple subs. Simultaneous is when you have the same story at different markets. Multiple is when you've got more than one at any single market.

Multiple is generally more acceptable than simultaneous (which is almost never acceptable). Either way, if you're not sure, assume neither are allowed.

Posts: 92 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

Whoops. Thanks Oliver. I DO know the difference normally, but I have a migraine at the moment.
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Multiple is generally more acceptable than simultaneous (which is almost never acceptable).
Actually, out of 103 markets listed in Novel and Short Story Writers Market that accept fantasy short stories, 59 accept simultaneous submission (two ask you to note if it is being submitted silmultaneously). Only seventeen specifically say that they do not.

Of the 12 markets accepting short fantasy classified at paying markets with circulations beyond 10,000, nine say they accept simultaneous submissions, while one (Asimov's) specifically says it does not.

I think times have changed since nobody used to accept it.

Icarus
Member # 3162

And now that the multiple submission question is out there, what of that? Are those acceptable as well?
Icarus
Member # 3162

I suppose I should just e-mail the webmaster instead of bumping this thread . . .

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.