FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Random Praise for Ender and Alvin Series (spoiler-free please)

Author Topic: Random Praise for Ender and Alvin Series (spoiler-free please)
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the thread where I talk about how great Ender's Game and Alvin Maker are and you all respond with four or five word long responses, like "I like Ender too" or "I don't really like Alvin" or "Good for you :-)".

Let's face it gang, the Ender series is spectacular. The plot isn't the same throughout, like a lot of series and it doesn't changed drastically. Plus the wide variety of characters. To think, it started out as a novella...

The only thing I don't totally like is that OSC's new e-magazine, Intergalactic Medicine Show (awesome name), will have a new Ender-related short story in every issue, even if OSC hasn't written it. The first issue contains OSC's long awaited 'Mazer in Prison.' The good thing is you can buy individual issues, rather than subscribe for, say, a month.

Anyway, enough complaining; I'm still looking forward to the 2 or 3 books left in the series.

Alvin Maker. I love how it gives you that fantasy feeling. This one was based on an epic poem OSC wrote (which I have not had the pleasure of reading yet). Some people don't like the fourth and fifth books b/c... idk, i think b/c they stray too far from the main plot. But hey, an author can't write what he/she wants to happen to a character, he/she writes what actually happens!

Anywho, I like all the stories, novel and short story alike. If the short story White Prophet is published, I wonder if it'll just be published in Intergalactic Medicine Show or if it'll be published along with the other 2 short stories. I hope the latter. Ahhh...I can't wait for the final book, Master Alvin...

That reminds me! I typed Master Alvin into google search and the second result (out of 1,890,000) was my Amazon.com list for the Ender/Alvin series. I found it'd been read over 2100 times. I was very happy. (That's what got me into this Ender/Alvin frenzy). Egotistical? You bet I am.

Anyway, if you haven't already , go read Ender's Game or Seventh Son right now.

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, person! [Razz]

Edit:

I like Ender too!

I do like Alvin! [Wink]

Stupid four word answers! [Razz]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSeeingHand
Member # 8349

- posted      Profile for TheSeeingHand   Email TheSeeingHand         Edit/Delete Post 
How did I know some jokester would give me four word answer? :-P
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and you all respond with four or five word long responses
Because you told me too..... [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I also like Ender, TheSeeingHand.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.