FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » So I'm looking for a section...........

Author Topic: So I'm looking for a section...........
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's in one of the Shadow books, and i'm thinking it's either SP or SotG, but i'm not honestly sure, it could also be SotH

It's the part where Bean is explaining to someone that you can never really know a person. He is saying this to either Carlotta or Petra.

I wish i could give you more specifics, but i can't think of it. I would look it up myself, but i can't even think of what book it is, and i need to have it by next monday.

If you would help me out i would much appreciate it. even if you can just give me the book and part of the book, i could find it. it's just that three books is a lot to cover in five days.

thanks in advance.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this it?

quote:
"Bean, you're smarter than he is, but his advantage is, he's more brutal than you are.

"Don't count on it," said Bean.

"Don't you realize that I know both of you better than anyone else in the world?"

"And no matter how well we think we know people, the fact is we're all strangers in the end."

"Oh, Bean, tell me you don't believe that."

"It's self-evident truth."

"I know you!" she insisted.

"No. You don't. But that's all right, because I don't really know me either, let alone you. We never understand anybody, not even ourselves. But Petra, shh,listen. What we've done is, we've created something else. This marriage. It consists of the two of us, and we've become something else together. That's what
we know. Not me, not you, but what we are, who we are together Sister Carlotta quoted somebody in the Bible about how a man and a woman marry and they become
one flesh. Very mystical and borderline weird. But in a way it's true. And when I die, you won't have Bean, but you'll still have Petra-with-Bean, Bean-with-
Petra, whatever we call this new creature that we've made."

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
YES! that's it, fantastic. thank you so much. where was it?
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LarvalBean
Member # 8764

- posted      Profile for LarvalBean   Email LarvalBean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
YES! that's it, fantastic. thank you so much. where was it?

Shadow Puppets, right before Bean leaves to go back to the Hegemony Compound to confront Achilles in an attempt to get his embryos back. I forget which chapter.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.