FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Among The Hidden

Author Topic: Among The Hidden
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently came across this book while working in a middle school and found it quite ironic. A story about people not being allowed to have more than two children. Has anyone fully read this story? And what are your opinions on it?
Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everything/2004-07-18.shtml
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginosion
Member # 7066

- posted      Profile for Ginosion   Email Ginosion         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally think its the second best books series (the first being the Ender's Game sereis, then under it would be the the Sereis Of Unfortunate Events Series). I was so interested in the sereis I read the first four books in less then a week. But due to a lack of funds or free time to go to the library to read after that.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sound_of_silence
Member # 8884

- posted      Profile for sound_of_silence   Email sound_of_silence         Edit/Delete Post 
my sister is obsessed with that series she has read all 6
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read the books. They're nice scifi YA reads, IMO. I was in the target audience when Haddix began writing the Shadow Children sequence, so I make it a point to read each new book, although I've pretty much outgrown them by now. I just read the most recent one the other day--the SC books are always fun to lose yourself in for an hour or two.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
I read the first three, they were okay, but not great.
Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.