FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » DON'T SETTLE OSC

Author Topic: DON'T SETTLE OSC
MrMojoDriver
Member # 8852

- posted      Profile for MrMojoDriver   Email MrMojoDriver         Edit/Delete Post 
Dont let those Hollywood types push you around and how your movie should be. I think we'd all rather no movie over a bad movie.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this in response to something?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
But his valleys are so fertile! His meadows so lush and inviting! How could I resist?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Laugh] Storm Saxon
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm!
[ROFL]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds really dirty. (Pun intended.)
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

It's kind of Song of Solomon-ish.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
>.<
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, his wife DOES read these forums sometimes, people. [Razz] Not to mention his children.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, OSC has said (a lot) that he'd rather not see the movie get made then have it poorly represented. (paraphrase)

I don't get why you started this thread. But yelling is unnecessary.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ketchupqueen is right--think of the children!
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time somebody mentions Song of Solomon...
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

So, would this be the wrong time to confess that I've always thought that OSC's hair is as a flock of goats that appear from Gilead? Or that his temples have always reminded me of pieces of pomegranate?

'Cause if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats really kind of vaguely disturbing but at the same time definately hilarious.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrMojoDriver
Member # 8852

- posted      Profile for MrMojoDriver   Email MrMojoDriver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
Umm, OSC has said (a lot) that he'd rather not see the movie get made then have it poorly represented. (paraphrase)

I don't get why you started this thread. But yelling is unnecessary.

Yeah, sorry about the "yelling"

This thread is in response to nothing at all. I just had to get it out.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. Kiddies like me (19) read it twice and still don't get the intended dirtiness.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I caught the dirtiness, but I ignored it because, for once, the joke was funnier without it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. The temples like pomegranates doesn't seem very sexy, unless popping pips out of fluid filled sacs... never mind.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, in reading Song of Solomon I've never been able to puzzle out how the pomegranates thing was supposed to be complimentary.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I mean, what's next? "His thighs are as vast plains of cottage cheese, as textured, and as pale"?
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ketchupqueen is right--think of the children!
I thought the good sentences was "think of the kitten".
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.