FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Author Topic: Whoa, whoa, whoa!
Ray Saffron
Member # 8902

- posted      Profile for Ray Saffron   Email Ray Saffron         Edit/Delete Post 
Could someone please clarify the correct order of which I should read the Shadow series? I just came across a post made by OSC and it stated something about the end of Shadown of The Giant. Now before I read that, I thought that, that book was a possible book that he'd write at a later time. It wold seem I'm wrong, which really ties back into my question, any and all help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. The End.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant

That's all that's out right now.

The End.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Saffron
Member # 8902

- posted      Profile for Ray Saffron   Email Ray Saffron         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate it. It's good to know that once I'm done with S. Puppets, I'll still have something else to read. Thaaaaanks!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
There's an order?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
They're listed in order released in OSC Library ^ under Books.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sure, if you're going to trust the author and publisher on something so critical.

I recommend reading Ender's Game first, though.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
They all stand alone. You can read them in any order. In fact, I recommend starting on the last page and working backward. You can read the individual paragraphs in order within the paragraph, but take the sequence of paragraphs backward. You'll find all kinds of surprising stuff, like where Amelia Earhart is now and that Paul McCartney is dead.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
That's where she was, OSC. I already read your secrets backwards (partially backwards), and she's my personal pilot. I was able to do that because I discovered the secret to fabulous riches by reading partial-backwards as well.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Oh, and

quote:
Whoa!
-Keanu Reeves

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it reveal where my stuffed lion is? The one my dad made me give up when I was 5?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
He sent it to me, and I was very grateful for a time, but then I left it at school one day.

Sorry.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that where I got Leo from? I thought his story about escaping from the circus sounded fishy.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Cry]
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You know that scene in Toy Story when Woody is having that nightmare and gets thrown in the trashcan? THat's where your stuffed lion is. In the nightmare trash can. Mwahahaha
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
The trash can of nightmares is filled with fluffy bunnies and cotton candy.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
No one ever takes bunny attacks seriously...until it is TOO LATE.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Driscoll
Member # 4488

- posted      Profile for Don Driscoll   Email Don Driscoll         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, after The Half-Blood Prince came out, I reread the Harry Potter series backwards (chapter-by-chapter). I didn't think about it until now, but that was probably because I recently reread Pastwatch. I actually picked up a lot that I missed by thinking about an effect and then seeing the cause. Perhaps I should grab Children of the Mind and start back towards Ender's Game - it has been too long since I reread that one...
Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.