FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC Christmas *laugh*

Author Topic: OSC Christmas *laugh*
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
So, we had kind of an OSC Christmas. Completely unplanned, but it worked that way.

My wife's family is in Florida, I sent my oldest niece "Speaker of the Dead" "Xenocide" "Children of the Mind"

My brother gave me a signed copy of "Enderverse"

Completely unintended that it worked out that way (and of course, tons of other books traded) but thought it was cute that both my in-laws and family, being hundreds of miles apart could have similar taste [Smile]

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
'Tis the magic of Christmas. Even us Jews acknoledge it.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
"Enderverse"?

[Confused]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
I should have said "First Meetings in the Enderverse"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0765347989/qid=1135595186/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-6922976-6544103?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Gotcha.

I had my stupid hat on last night.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the opposite of a thinking cap?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they make a version of Enderverse without pictures?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Having loaned out (read: gave away) my copies of Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead years ago, I was pleased to receive a paperback version of both of them this Christmas. Yay for helping boost Kristine's bill-paying ability!
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ket
Member # 8975

- posted      Profile for ket   Email ket         Edit/Delete Post 
For Christmas, my sister STOLE my new copy of Ender's Shadow.

Never should have let her read any of it before I finished it. [Mad] Stupid books-you-can't-put-down.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

My dad gave me a copy of Ender's Shadow as a "I had some extra cash and wanted to do something nice, so I bought you the next two books in this series, you know, Children of the Mind and Ender's Shadow. I love you son." gift.

He thought that Ender's Shadow was part of the same series as Children of the Mind and thought he'd bought the wrong book when I explained they were two different series with some of the same characters.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I got all three Women of Genesis books [Smile]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

- posted      Profile for Joshua Newberry   Email Joshua Newberry         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Homebody, and ordered Treasure Box, Lovelock, Worthing Saga, and Treason two days ago with Christmas money. Supporting my local used bookstore is what I do best!
Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Magic Street. And read it all on the plane out to Dallas and the first day I was there while I tried to drain my edematous feet. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought my mom Enchantment, she has enjoyed every OSC book I've bought her, and she passes them all on to my father. They read Magic Street together in Bhutan, which was my present to my mom for her birthday.
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I got "Characters and Viewpoint" from my husband. Now we can stop checking it out from the library.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Characters and Viewpoints and How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy from my aunt. I bought my friend Enchantment.

And- this is what really excited me. I was over at my grandparent's house- and I turn around and see my cousin opening up Speaker for the Dead and Ender's Shadow. I don't talk to him very often- but I was just completely taken aback someone in my family 1. reads and 2. is reading books I actually like. Let alone without me telling him about them.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I still need to get Magic Street. I, unfortunately, did not get any OSC books for Christmas. I DID get Fight Club by Chuch Palahunik. ( I think that is how you spell his name.)
Joshua Newberry
Member # 7864

- posted      Profile for Joshua Newberry   Email Joshua Newberry         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother read my copy of Magic Street and was impressed by an author she'd never heard of. Kudos and so on.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to you folks (and others who gave and got my books as gifts) I will have Christmas next year!
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.