FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » sorry if this has been done before but i am interested.

Author Topic: sorry if this has been done before but i am interested.
MOL 3Earth
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for MOL 3Earth   Email MOL 3Earth         Edit/Delete Post 
so i was listening to enders shadow on audio book the other day and it starts off with card talking about how it came about. how he thought about writing parrelel novels for some of the other kids from battle school or from the jeesh. any way i thought it would be awesome if he could do almost everykids p.o.v. but that would be time consuming and make him more dilerious than he already is [Big Grin] and now that he wrote the shadow books he could go on for practically forever since each kid went to a different world to help colonize it. literally this enderverse could be as expansive as the star wars universe. with endless storylines (three thousand years is a friggin long time). well what a tangent from my original petty question. what i was trying to ask is who would you guys like to see a side story on next, since he did bean. i would personally like to see crazy tom. he doesnt have that much of a storyline in the books as of yet, he doesnt appear until enders army is created and he isnt talked much about in the shadow series(i know others werent either) but maybe its the nickname 'crazy' that entices me i dont know. i would just submit him. what do you guys think?

wow a much longer post than was planned [Eek!]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gosu
Member # 5783

- posted      Profile for Gosu   Email Gosu         Edit/Delete Post 
Mick.
Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javelin
Member # 8643

- posted      Profile for Javelin   Email Javelin         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that capitalization and punctuation, along with paragraph breaks, make it more likely people will actually read what you write.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*donates capitol letters for the needy*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the most interesting side characters aren't Battle-schoolers. they're people like Valentine, Peter and Graff. I'd love to read a novel filling in the blanks on any of these characters.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I too would love to read more in depth stories of Col. Graff or Peter.

Heres an idea, maybe OSC could actually write the Hive Queen and the Hegemon. That way we could learn more about the buggers and Peter.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*head ouchie*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
First. You guy's should definitely do some research. OSC has said on several occasions that he would never write the Hive Queen and The Hegemon.

Second. Why would you want the Enderverse to be as big as the Star Wars Universe? The only way to do that would be for OSC to license out his characters to other people- and would turn our beloved characters in horrible, horrible stuff.

Third. Let the man write what he wants to write (as long as he keeps writing).

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool down Shawshank, it's a forum. They are usually used for discussion. [Smile]
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MOL 3Earth
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for MOL 3Earth   Email MOL 3Earth         Edit/Delete Post 
well sorry for the paragraphlessness and puncuationlessness. but i didnt think the post would be that long. oops.

well graff would be very interesting to see his point of view. but it has been alluded to in the books so far. i was wanting to know who you guys would like to know more about, from whom we know hardly anything about. like when card wrote shadow we didnt know too much about bean. but we already know motives for graff and peter and many of the main characters so i think it would be more enlightening to see the story from another battleschoolers point of view. but i am not patronizing here just clarifying.

and Shawshank in the forward(or afterward) to the 'enders shadow' audio book card did say he was going to either collaborate with another author for ideas or just hand the story over almost fully. so the enderverse expanding was thought up by card himself not I.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the story I'm most interested in is the only other boy who died at Battleschool. The suicide.

What was his name? Pinyin? Pinwall? Pinuall?

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
MOL- CAPITAL LETTERS ARE FUN. YAY! Does your shift key only work with the letter "S"?

Black Mage- I'd look it up, but I've given my most recently owned EG away. I do wholeheartedly agree, though, that would indeed make an interesting story. And thank you for your beautifully placed and aesthetically pleasing capital letters, commas, and periods.

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.