FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Brin part 2

Author Topic: Brin part 2
joeyconrad
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for joeyconrad           Edit/Delete Post 
Brin has posted part 2 of his essay concerning OSC's ID article.
http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/

Posts: 24 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to know that Brin has finally read something of mine. Oh, wait. No ... no evidence he actually READ it....
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, having read both articles, I have to say that, aside from a few snarky comments at the beginning (whose validity I am in no position to evaluate, but suspect is misunderstanding, at most) it was remarkable well thought out and in harmony with OSC's article. He takes this a bit further, of course, regarding ID and how it *should* be perceived (and even taken advantage of) by established science.

But I saw no evidence that he had NOT read the article. In fact, quite the opposite. He read it and agreed with both the sentiments and the perception of people in general toward "intelligensia".

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. He offered quite the same position you did, at the end, and seemed more or less as unaware as you did about the hijack of the term "Intelligent Design" by Creation "scientists".

The fact that both you and he operate from a very pragmatic standpoint, seem to arrive at very similar conclusions on a host of issues, but stand opposed to one another's position on President Bush and the Iraq invasion is an ongoing interest of mine. A study in human nature, if you will...

Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.