FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I'm kinda coked up right now but...

Author Topic: I'm kinda coked up right now but...
Subhuman
Member # 9052

- posted      Profile for Subhuman   Email Subhuman         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody here think its possible to take over the world? Not that I would want to or anything... [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Umm...coked? As in cocaine? Dude, that stuff isn't good for you.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Subhuman
Member # 9052

No. Coca Cola. Im crazy, but not like that.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
i think taking over the world would take about 22 years. You'd of course have to start with Argentina, sleeping with all the powerful men you can get your hands on, as you climb the social ladder. Then when you get to the President have him make you Vice President. To take over the world from there, I'd say the trick would be not being Argentinian.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Lust
Member # 8929

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible yes.

Probable no.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starter
Member # 9073

- posted      Profile for starter   Email starter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
Umm...coked? As in cocaine? Dude, that stuff isn't good for you.

:LAFFO:

And no - it's not, not in today's political climate.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible, and it will be achieved by none other than myself, in about 36 years.

Life will be good, llamas will roam the open plains, and firing squads will roam the cities looking for hippies and argentinians.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that you had to start with Australia if you wanted to Risk taking over the world.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
No No, I've gone over this scenario plenty of times, you start by taking over a third world country, they’re all pretty much the same. Then you start starving the people and making nuclear weapons. That's how you get the international community to respond. The money just pours right in from the UN. You get real buddy-buddy with the other radical nations headed by trigger-happy lunatics, kinda’ like a breakfast club of evil, or axis if you will. Then you wait 'till a democrat is in the White house and bam!

Start with France naturally; flare out through the rest of Europe. Gain Mexico as an ally, kidnap William Shatner and get Canada on board and hit America from two sides, being sure to skip over Texas. Introduce some a new super fancy video game to Asia that not only induces seizures, but also makes the heart explode from the combined fuzziness and deadliness of the main critter. Thus you’ve conquered all the parts of the world that matter, the rest is just mopping up. Enjoy being the only one in the room without a machine gun, buy a couple palaces, ever wanted to see a 500 ft tall version of yourself, I think you've earned it, oh great and powerful Hegemon.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starter
Member # 9073

- posted      Profile for starter   Email starter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyDove:
I always thought that you had to start with Australia if you wanted to Risk taking over the world.

South America is good to have too. Ensure that no one gets to keep America and call a truce with Africa - that helps.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
hit America from two sides, being sure to skip over Texas.
[ROFL] Yee-haw!
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I did it a few years ago, but the responsibility and the time involved just wasnt worth it.

Now I work in sales.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dab
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for dab   Email dab         Edit/Delete Post 
many people wouldnt be happy under a world run govenment unless you reverted back to a class structure with slaves and peasents. The livestyle of so many rich people is really only the byproduct of the overwork and underpay of so many others.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Subhuman
Member # 9052

You cannot be sure of something until it is done. So I guess I will embark on my boring ass adventure of taking over the world.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Why would you want to? To much hassle...I just want to take over a nice quite part of the north Minnesota woods and part of the bahamas as a winter vacation spot.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Orange, where were you before I took over the world? You would of saved me SO much trouble.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
The penguin is wise... [Big Grin]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lifewish
Member # 9106

- posted      Profile for Lifewish   Email Lifewish         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think controlling the entire world would be feasible. Once the job was done, you'd be stuck with a rebellious population. Far better to either take over covertly (a sufficiently genius hacker would probably be able to pull this off alone, quite frankly) or make sure that once you had nominal control of the world there were a number of "rebel" groups (on your payroll of course) that tended to commit atrocities. That'd give you the authority you needed to gain and keep complete control.

Uh... on reflection, given recent history in the US, that's a fairly scary idea...

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Subhuman
Member # 9052

Maybe it would be hard to maintain but atleast someone could say they did it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.