FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » More ... even MORE praise for Card.

Author Topic: More ... even MORE praise for Card.
DaiTenshi
Member # 7759

- posted      Profile for DaiTenshi   Email DaiTenshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that I never come here very often, because I haven't had very much time to read. But, there are those rare times that I can simply pick up a novel, one of the Shadow novels for example, and I just dive right into it. It feels as if the characters are truly alive, I can actually feel remorse for losses of beautiful individuals that Mr. Card seems to flawlessly paint.

For instance, I had picked up Shadow Of the Giant, only last night, which was good, because it cheered me up from a little bout of depression I always had. I had always wondered by I was so practical a person and why I questioned and analyzed everything. But then, I was reading some of the inner dialogue of Peter, and I skipped around and read some of what Bean was writing to Graff, and I finally understood.

I've been reading your novels, Mr. Card, for a little over three years now. I would even go so far as to say that I've actually picked up some of the character traits of the Ender Series main characters. It's strange, I guess, that I do that. Maybe, I just can't be original, because a lot of who I am comes from that series.

But, I just wanted to send my condolences to Mr. Card, for once again enriching my life with his beautiful artwork.

Really, thanks again.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the first time I've ever heard fiction described as "beautiful artwork", and has reinforced my determination to be a writer. [Smile]
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaiTenshi
Member # 7759

- posted      Profile for DaiTenshi   Email DaiTenshi         Edit/Delete Post 
What is Art but the imitation of Creation? And further, what is Art but the imitation of Perfection? In our own minds, we can hold and create beautiful landscapes, wondeful idealogies, and the very essence of perfection.

Or at least, we can get a pretty decent grip on it.

Fiction is merely the translation, the art of imposing that view of perfection onto the written word, so that we may read it, and impose it on our own minds. But the imitation if flawed, because as a viewer of Art, we could not fully know the Artist ... I think I'm losing my point. Oh well ...

Posts: 19 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.