FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Suggestion for Mr. Card

Author Topic: Suggestion for Mr. Card
Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mr Card:

I am such a news junkie that I would find few things more exciting than a daily Orson blog entry in which you essentially reveal what you are working on for the day or the week.

I know you have many projects you work on, so to have a paragraph or two each morning on your front page describing your project progress would be really cool in my opinion.

Just a thought, but I hope it's one you will consider. Ciao. [Hail]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vamp96
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for Vamp96   Email Vamp96         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see more updates to the Brother Orson Review column. But if it is a choice between OSC working on a new book and
writing a column, I would choose BOOK!

Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I obviously can't speak for Mr. Card, but I personally would not want to do such a thing. Having to report my day's work would mean that I have to actually accomplish something significant each day, or at least be striving to do so. However, being as lazy as I often am, and considering my fondness for procrastination (within reason), I try to have days when I don't do any work as often as I can get away with it! I'm a university student, by the way. Just in case you were wondering what type of work I'm talking about, I mean papers, reports, presentations, readings, studying for exams, and stuff like that. Anyway, my point is, I wouldn't want the pressure of feeling that I have to do something worthwhile everyday (even though it would no doubt increase my productivity), so while it's a nice suggestion, if OSC is anything like me he won't go for it.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Uncle Orson Reviews EVERYTHING is kind of a blog, just on a weekly basis and not really "work" related. It would be cool to have a daily blog but not to the exclusion of "real" writing...
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't have to update it every day. Even to have a weekly update on what projects he is pursuing would be nice. Like...has he even started the EG re-scripting? Is he 50% done? is he 100% and submitted a draft? etc...
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Anticipation is good for future sales.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mindbowels:
Yeah, Uncle Orson Reviews EVERYTHING is kind of a blog, just on a weekly basis and not really "work" related. It would be cool to have a daily blog but not to the exclusion of "real" writing...

Not good enough. We need an OSC based reality show with tons of cameras constantly following him around.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
on an island?
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miracleasd
Member # 9167

- posted      Profile for miracleasd           Edit/Delete Post 
Populated by rabid badgers that have developed abandonment issues.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Have we really become that impatient as a society? Aren't there other authors and writers and books enough to expand as you wait? My guess is that OSC has become so accessable, compared to other authors, that his "huge fans" have lost touch of a wider world.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes but their have been so many dates set up before now and when OSC didnt meet them were you not all crushed? Id prefer not to know and then one day when i wasnt paying attention BAM ENDERS GAME THE MOVIE!
Watched Pot Never BOils
well actually it does but it feels so much longer

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Occasional, yes, there are other excellent writers out there.
However, David Eddings doesn't release his new book till August, Cecil Adams releases regularly for the Chicago Reader, Douglas Adams is dead, and The Great Charles de Lint just released three new books. Since we know what's going on with those Monumentous Authors, and are slightly confused about Uncle O, he gets the show. Besides, "The Life of Uncle O" has a better ring to it than "The Stalking of Alan Dean Foster".

Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
DOUGLAS ADAMS IS DEAD!?!?!? what do you mean, dead? like, dead asleep? Wild Ducks Fly Backwards was just released, and Villa Incognito wasn't far behind that one. oh, god, he can't be dead. that is unacceptable. i do not accept it. NO!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, Vonk, both of those are by Tom Robbins.

Doug Adams is indeed dead and has been for a few years now.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah, woo, i'm an idiot. and i scare easily. woo. haha. ahhh. man. but robbins is ok right? he's still good? ok, great. wow. someone shoot me now. can i go ahead and delete the evidense of my obvious idiocy?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where else to post this, so . . .

Hey, OSC: You can enter the state on a web form without using the mouse, even if there is a pull-down, thusly: type in N, and then hit it again, six more times. Maybe you already knew that, but I thought you might not.

-o-

Also, you should shop at bn.com instead of amazon.com, because they're just better. [Razz] (Okay, probably not for the things you shop for. But they're much better for finding out of print books, because you actually know that a book exists, and can even comparison shop for price and condition, instead of basically ordering a book before knowing if they will fill the order, and having no real idea what condition the book is in.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
read dude [Cool] peekaboo. that, my friend, is where the entertainment is at and in that case, osc can just chill and not worry about updating for a few junkies everyday.

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Peek has a point.

The forums, I find, are much more entertaining, and at any given moment one is being posted. That should be enough to get you through. Plus, occasionaly (as you must already know) OSC will post some new things on the forum.

Not saying it's a bad idea though.

Alex

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.