FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Struggling with a problem between SP & SotG

Author Topic: Struggling with a problem between SP & SotG
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm going back through the books because someone mentioned this problem to me, and I didn't notice it before, but now I do.

In Shadow Puppets, Computer security guy Ferrera ends up siding with Achille and holds press conferences with him saying that Peter was an embezzler, etc. etc. Theresa Wiggin alerts Peter that his computer guy is basically on the payroll of Achille.

But in SotG, it seems as though Ferrera is welcomed back with open arms and works just fine with everyone, as he is the one assigned to figure out the hunt for Bean's kids.

Am I wrong?

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you're right, but is it possible that he was forced to work for Achilles against his will, like Admiral What's-his-name? If so, I could see Peter forgiving him. Or maybe if it was just a matter of money, Peter is willing to put business ahead of personal betrayals. Ferrera is obviously very good at what he does, so Peter will want him working for the Hegemony.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

Here's another (joking) problem [Smile]

Bean notes in SotG that he's 16. It's clearly intimated that he and Petra have a working marriage ("we can try to have kids in the normal way") but she would be 20-21, as we learn at the meeting between all the jeesh / Graff [Smile] So is Statutory rape not an issue in the Hegemony [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] (JUST KIDDING!)

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisha_rose
Member # 9166

- posted      Profile for lisha_rose   Email lisha_rose         Edit/Delete Post 
It isnt an issue to world hero's lol esp ones that have that much power and pull in a rebuilding world lol
Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Besides, neither Bean or Petra is American, and there are many countries where 16 year olds are allowed to be married, have kids, etc. So don't go pushing your American ideals on everyone [Razz]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

[Smile]

Of course, you'll note I said it as a (joking) problem [Wink]

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

I know, I know. [Wink]
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
STOP JOKING...

I'm sick of everyone acting as if rape is a joke... [Grumble]

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

RunningBear is right. There's absolutely nothing funny about Bean having to cry himself to sleep at night after Petra forces herself on him... [Angst]
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... Petra really would do that too... "I want to have your children, Bean!"
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure if it is even illegal. in Canada if your over 14 and theres less than 5 years difference between age then its legal and the difference between 16 and 21 is 5 years so its close but still a okay if they were here in the great white north "chuckles" its actually a warm spring up here im in a t shirt right now
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Well that depends on what part of Canada you're in (about the weather, I mean). It's still on the negative side of the celsius scale where I am.
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
im in the T dot O its been ridiculusly warm lately was up to like +14 celcius last week then we get a huge snow fall lol oh well THX GLOBAL WARMING
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.