FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Clothing Of Nafai From Homecomming Series

Author Topic: Clothing Of Nafai From Homecomming Series
Alon
Member # 9282

- posted      Profile for Alon   Email Alon         Edit/Delete Post 
So im doing a project for school and i wanted to know if any of you know some simple cloths that i could find lyin around my house that could look like anything he would wear when he was lets say in the desert. Me and my friend are thinkin of something but i dont think it will work... any help?

first post w00t

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leia Atreides
Member # 9227

- posted      Profile for Leia Atreides   Email Leia Atreides         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, saw Dune, or any desert-living people's clothing? Maybe that's something like he would wear... those clothes tend to be stereotypically very alike, after all, a desert is a desert, maybe different places but still desert.

I don't think I read somewhere very vivid description of what was wearing at the time, even. But maybe it's just me skipping lines...

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Try looking at the cover of Ships of Earth. It's got a decent picture of Nafai in the Desert. Wearing blue/gray pants with sandals laced up to his knees. Thigh length tunic with a belt and knapsack. White blouse looking shirt, loose fitting.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alon
Member # 9282

- posted      Profile for Alon   Email Alon         Edit/Delete Post 
^^ thanks to that ill go look wish me luck its today
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
good luck!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! I have no idea what they wore. I don't think like that. Costume fantasy isn't my thing <grin>.

Ironic, though, because I did enjoy doing theatrical costuming in college. But I was never very good at it. And I don't really think much of clothes. I'm the kind of guy who, when I find a shirt that fits and that I like, I buy three or four of them and then keep wearing them until (a) they fall apart or (b) I change body size so I can't wear them anymore.

As a result, my characters never care all that much what they wear, either. They just don't think about it - because *I* don't think about it!

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that mean Robert Jordan is always thinking about what he's going to wear, as he seems to think his characters do.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.