FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Bugger Queens the Real Communists

Author Topic: Bugger Queens the Real Communists
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Was re-reading Cotm and was thinking about how the Queen exerts (edit) her will over (edit)the workers so they do what she tells them to, and if any of them go free they go nuts and try to kill her. IMPO this is just like a communist dictatorship finnaly taken to the ultimate extreme. The way they all work for the common good, the queen deciding whats good, and are repressed if they try to speak out.
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinandThomasHobbes
Member # 9158

- posted      Profile for CalvinandThomasHobbes   Email CalvinandThomasHobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
the only difference between a hive queen and a dictator is the queen actually does what is best for her species.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Communism can be the best form of government as long as they make everyone happy. It actually works with them. It's not like the workers try to go free very often.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Another difference between the hive queen and one such dictator is that the hive queen is much more attractive than say.......Fidel Castro.
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
There's also the fact that the once the workers come under the influence of the Queen they don't have independent minds anymore than your arms and legs do. They become extensions of the Queen's will rather than independent entities.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.