FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » How are the Mustard brothers?

Author Topic: How are the Mustard brothers?
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

- posted      Profile for Icelandic_Boy   Email Icelandic_Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mr. Card, hope you're not too busy.
It is something that I have been wondering for a while, how the Mustard brothers have been after Advent Rising's release. I mean, I saw many footages of Donald telling about the game and how passionate he was about it. That, and knowing that the AR idea is something that they have had since they were kids, and to see how things turned out, well...I confess I am a bit worried. Was it a hard blow to them? Are they doing okay now?

One other thing I've been wondering about, though this one isint as importand as the first; As I understand it, Donald used to be in glyphx employ, and then he left. Is there some bad blood between or something?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
No bad blood - just moving to his own company. GlyphX continues to be a terrific computer graphics company with great people. And Donald's new company, Chair Entertainment, exists to bring his new game concepts to life - as well as to exploit film and other media.

Chair Entertainment is located in Provo, on Center Street, where they have a gorgeous office filled with geniuses, as well as the normal computers and office furniture. And i'm working with them on Empire, their current game-plus-fiction project. i will be turning in the novel manuscript on 1 June to TOR, my publisher, inshallah ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

- posted      Profile for Icelandic_Boy   Email Icelandic_Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm....inshallah? What did you mean by that? And what does TOR stand for?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
"Inshallah" is a common expression in Arabic that roughly translates to "God willing" or "if God wills it". AFAIK, it doesn't exactly have common usage in English, but I think has at least reasonably familiarity. I could be wrong there, though.

And according to the TOR website, it's not really an acronym at all. Oops...it also says it shouldn't be spelled in all caps. [Blushing]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.