FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » How's I.G.M.S. going

Author Topic: How's I.G.M.S. going
jer1m1ah
Member # 2575

- posted      Profile for jer1m1ah   Email jer1m1ah         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if its doing well. I have really enjoyed it, so I hope there contnues to be enough readers to keep it going.
And on a more selfish note, I did one of the illstrations for the last issue and am hoping to add to the website again. If any of you hatrakers haven't checked it out yet go do so now.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
What is I.G.M.S. ?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Look up at the top of your screen. [Smile] There's a lovely black and white logo with the answer to your question.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you

The next time someone throws around an obscure acronym, I'll be sure to look at all of the graphics in front of my face before I ask such a stupid question :-D

Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was dumb question. I thought it might be helpful to know that you have resources, though, so I was pointing out one of them. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustAskIndiana
Member # 9268

- posted      Profile for JustAskIndiana           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I was wondering how the magazine was doing myself.
Posts: 56 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jer1m1ah
Member # 2575

- posted      Profile for jer1m1ah   Email jer1m1ah         Edit/Delete Post 
still wondering
Posts: 49 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Why wonder? Buy a (digital) copy.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

Well, I went and read the original post.

So you have been reading it and in fact, if I'm reading you right, contributed to it?

So... I'm wondering what you're wondering.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting to see Pretty Boy. I know OSC is incredibly busy, but I yam what I yam. I can't help what I want.

All of the rest of it is great, I'm really enjoying most of the short stories he's got on there. I'm working on a story to submit, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

By the by, which art is yours jer1m1ah?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
So... I'm wondering what you're wondering.

I read "how's it going?" as whether IGMS has enough readers to make it profitable and keep it going.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

Maybe OSC will post his personal financial records here on hatrack, too.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
What the duece!? I just read Adrift, the latest addition to IGMS, and was very suprised at the ending.

!!SPOILERS!!

I love the story. The idea of the psyship and the implications that it would have on an individual's mental health and on their relationship with their community is really fascinating.

But the ending caught me completely off gaurd. The relationship between Dee and Anne was kind of settled, but just barerly. Wasn't Dee still addicted to the psyship? Was the implication that he had gotten over it and was going to get back with Anne, or that she had gotten over her hangups with being in love with a space ship? Or that they had both gotten over their individual hangups and were willing to work with it?

Ok, it was probably the last one. I get that. But the story built everything up so well. The idea was pretty fully developed and then it didn't seem to go anywhere. I suppose I'm just a little disappointed that the alien-encounter/death-of-thomas story line didn't play out.

But it was an excellent story. I mean no disrespect to the author. In fact, I mean a whole lot of respect. Good story. If it were ever developed into a novel/la, I would defenitely buy and read it.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.