FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Noob Alert!!!

Author Topic: Noob Alert!!!
Deceased House
Member # 9388

- posted      Profile for Deceased House   Email Deceased House         Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty, everybody welcome me here now, the names Darren, jus call me HOUSE. Im a bigtime Fan of Mr. Card's Novels and short stories, as im sure everybody here is. I am gonna be sticking to this website so you all better just bare your teeth and deal with me. Ill try to be a positive contributer to conversations on the forum.

[ May 02, 2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Deceased House ]

Posts: 59 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, man. I hope you like it here.

One tip: I wouldn't leave your email address displayed like that, or it will almost certainly be spidered and added to a monster spam list.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deceased House
Member # 9388

- posted      Profile for Deceased House   Email Deceased House         Edit/Delete Post 
heh well ty, email address is gone.
Posts: 59 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... now I have to distinguish between a Dead_Horse and a Deceased Horse? Ahhh sticklebats.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the site.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new too. Welcome. (I'm glad I'm not the only noobie. LOL)
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Wait... now I have to distinguish between a Dead_Horse and a Deceased Horse? Ahhh sticklebats.

Deceased House. Not as confusing as you thought, eh? [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Deceased House, huh? As opposed to what?
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
The house that lived! (Harry Potter with buildings?)
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
I know of a good OSC book which includes the death of a house.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC wrote The Fall of the House of Usher?

[ May 03, 2006, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deceased House
Member # 9388

Uhhm lemme explain my name. I've "died" a few times, i was stabbed once, been in a coma, and have nearly overdosed...uhhm, well im called "House" as an old football name.

I feel rather foolish, having quite possible offended people on this site already, possibly even Mr. Card himself. If this is true, please accept this as an apology.

(and excuse my horrible grammar and punctuation)

Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh... Interesting. I was an anorexic in my previous life... If only you could see me now.
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

I mean that in jest... Sorry if it offends.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. House. Heh. Whoops. Stupid freudian brain.

And Nathan2006? I prefer Nathan1985 myself. He's a Hot Nathan, he is.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I am a bear, and as such, I am in the woods and the only interesting thing that happens is that I get involved in Reagan commercials every decade or so.

Yeah, I am in the woods, get over it.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
There's a house in one of the Gunslinger books that is pretty evil. You might say that it's alive. That's neither here, nor there really, since OSC wrote the Gunslinger series under his pen name Stephen King, in order to trick us all into getting our groove back.

Did I mention that I'm a very powerful bovine?

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beware_of_moose
Member # 9402

- posted      Profile for beware_of_moose   Email beware_of_moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here to warn you. Warn you all about the Moose.

No one knows the hour of the Moose's advent, but I urge you... please. Prepare yourself against that day, for it is then that you shall truly learn what sort of man or woman you be.

Yes, I'm also new.

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh... I've been here for a while, dude.

[Edit] Of course, perhaps you believe you've figured out my plan for world domination, which begins with becoming moderator for a seemingly harmless message board? Out of curiosity, what would the next step be, in your opinion?

[ May 06, 2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
just a little while.

sheesh.

the obvious next step would be to take over a small province in bolivia and proceed upwards.

DUH!

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pythian%Legume
Member # 9405

- posted      Profile for Pythian%Legume   Email Pythian%Legume         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a "newb" here too. I looking forward to contributing as well, and I've already posted a thread. Let me know what you think, I'm curious.

Hmm... sheesh sounds like Jeesh. Does that mean I should form my own jeesh?

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.