FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » All Hail Scott Brick

Author Topic: All Hail Scott Brick
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
I've often said here I'm a big fan of reading the book and then listening to the audiobook version.

Let me say, I've followed most of the people who narrate for OSC, and all of them have been good. And I've given praise where it's due (Stephan Rudnicki as one last).

Right now, I'm finishing up the second Scott Brick read book in the last few days (this one is "The Traver).

Much praise for Scott's incredible narration!

[The Wave]

Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
They don't come any better than Scott. There are lots of decent readers, a few good ones, and a handful of great ones. I put Scott in that latter category. It's a branch of acting that doesn't get the respect it deserves - but within the business, people know who can cut it and who can't.

worst readers: Almost invariably the author of the book. Only when it's a stand-up comedian's book is it better when the author reads it!

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Except when the author is Khaled Hosseini right? [Smile]
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to add that good writing only helps the narration...

Brick is REALLY good, but I listened to a recording his did of a post Lodlum "Jason Borne" series book that was just aweful. He is a bit too powerful a storyteller for such a snoozer of a novel, so I guess its like the cannon and the mosquito. I didn't finish it.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed E.B. White's reading of _Charlotte's Web_ immensely.
Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.