FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Movie script??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movie script???
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they're great. I'll keep the wave going to see if other people who post keep the happy little round guys hard at work.

[The Wave]

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they secretly like it... Did you notice how the only time they smile is when they're waving? They're, like, workaholics or something! : )

[The Wave]

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

[ROFL]

LOL, oh no is that what happens to all workaholics???? I've been working alot lately, I noticed my head was getting rounder by the minute, if I keep it up my laptop is going to eat me and then I'll just be another little round guy standing next to other little round guys waving and smiling. Please no don't let it happen to me, I swear I'll never work again???

Oh well here to what I'm gonna end up being soon if I don't take it easy! I'll see you see my little friends: [The Wave]

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Eh - good work is good. Just make sure it's good! And of course, work in some play... 'cause we all know what happened to Jack!

What color would you be?

[The Wave]

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

Haha 100 posts! Not sure, if I had to choose I don't know if I could. I would probably pick green, I would want to be ont eh end this way if half way through the wave if I had to go to the bath room I wouldn't have to step over other little round guys to get there?

LOL, this thread has taken a radical turn in a very odd direction. Very random and great all at once.

[The Wave] <-- See easy access to the isle?

cmc
Member # 9549

I'm laughing. And congrats!

What if you WERE in the middle, as some foresty green color, and had to time each movement, one happy round headed dude at a time, to an end with each wave?? You'd really have to learn bladder control...

[The Wave]

[ August 08, 2006, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: cmc ]

B34N
Member # 9597

yeah they don't move to fast it would kind of be like the waltz I think? Step wait Step wait step wait and so on thankfully there would on ly be like 3 or 4 of them.
Atropos Mar
Member # 9617

- posted      Profile for Atropos Mar           Edit/Delete Post 
ya i'm pretty excited for this but the neutral person i am has reserved some room for if this is not to be. I don't want to get too worked up about it because they are just in pre-production and that doesnt ensure anything...Oh and B34N i was talking about the old script, what you thought about if you had read it. I know it's irrelevant now but i was curious to hear what others thought about it.. And about the new script i heard that he was done writing it and what do you think of the idea of combining the Enders Shadow with Enders Game............wow... i posted not knowing there was a 2nd page and now its seems like i've entered a new topic lol..very random and the fact that you two are able to respond differently with each comment amazes me
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Wait - what about the two series being combined? I've read Ender's Shadow, but that's all from that series... Actually, even as I type, I have a thought. If the original author of both is contributing to the script - it would be pretty hard NOT to blend the expansion on the time period from ES in to a script for EG. So - maybe?

And, what do you mean by the last comment? I'm not asking in a WHAT DO YOU MEAN type way, I just mean I don't get it.

cmc
Member # 9549

Expanding on my original thought... Who says it has to be 'Ender's Game'? Maybe it's just going to be a movie introducing us into that world? I really have no clue - I haven't looked it up at all, 'cause at first I was resisting it's existence and now I'd just rather go see it with out any preconceived notions (probably hard now that I'm in this thread but...).

edit: it has to be was wrong - it's going to be would be more what i meant.

[ August 09, 2006, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: cmc ]

Atropos Mar
Member # 9617

- posted      Profile for Atropos Mar           Edit/Delete Post 
it specifically said Enders Game and Enders Shadow would be combined in the movie to make it more interesting...so you'll get more equal perspectives of both Bean and Ender i guess
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

If you want more info go to this site Fresco Pics there is also a forum on there that has some stuff, but it is usually kind of dead and takes a while to get an answer to questions. It also kind of appeared that everyone was kind of jaded about discussing the flick since it has been a topic there for almost 3 years.

From what I have heard it is a combination of Bean and Ender's stories but probably only because they are the same story just from two different points of view, minus the differences in the two character's lives. Other than that I am at a loss for information on the movie, and yes preproduction doesnt really men anything. There are literally thousands of movies that have ade it this far and the finalized script is sitting on a shelf in a high security storage area on some Studio Lot in the Hollywood area.

But on a possitive note I have a strong fealing that this movie will get made, it will be very good and OSC will not let his fans down.

[The Wave]

Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
All I remember of the "way-back days" of The Script was some comment somewhere that OSC was visualizing Major Anderson as a female, preferably played by Gillian Anderson. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, because this had to be at least 2000, so it's been A WHILE.

However, that would be pretty interesting. Switching genders of characters.

Personally, I think it will be a GREAT film, since he's so involved with the process. Ender's Game takes second place in my list of Best Books of All Time (Lolita is first), so I'm thrilled that it's coming to the movie screen and that OSC is heavily involved.

I've been recruiting legions as fans of the movie in advance. It's like the KISS Army, but way cooler and with less makeup.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
...I do have one fervent wish, though. Please let Dakota Fanning be too old to audition when the casting call finally comes up. Dakota as Petra would make me hide in my closet and cry for at least 48 hours.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
She's a good actress, she could pull it off I think. (I still think she should have gotten top billing in War of the Worlds...grumble grumble.)
Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jd2cly60
Member # 450

- posted      Profile for jd2cly60   Email jd2cly60         Edit/Delete Post 
if they get dakota fanning, make her shave her head ala Natalie Portman in v for vendetta, that would rock and there's no reason for long girly hair that falls in your eyes when you're flying around the battle room trying to aim.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.