FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Leftovers (Spoiler Warning)

Author Topic: Leftovers (Spoiler Warning)
ThePersonMan
Member # 9440

- posted      Profile for ThePersonMan           Edit/Delete Post 
In Ender's game, after defeating the Buggers, what happened to the Human ships that had not been destroyed (such as those from the earlier battles)?
Posts: 53 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
I think if I remember right it was there job to go out and explore the bugger worlds and prepare them for colonization.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I remember reading something about having mixed gender crews so they can become colonists.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Sign Me Up!
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
In Ender's Shadow, when Bean figures out the potential to send an invasion fleet, he suggests that mixed-gender crews would enable the survivors to colonize, but that was just a suggestion, and Bean didn't even know the fleet had already been sent. Still, this was probably a sneaky way of getting that solution into our brains so that we wouldn't question this.
OSC is tricksy like that.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.