FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » The pictures on the front of the Ender series.

Author Topic: The pictures on the front of the Ender series.
Teancum
Member # 9801

- posted      Profile for Teancum           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know what the pictures on the front of all the Ender books are of? Just curious.

-Teancum

Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Space ships?
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Never really thought about it too much... The UFO-looking thing makes me think of the battle school, maybe. I'm probably just making my ignorance apparent now, though. : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talsmitde
Member # 9780

- posted      Profile for talsmitde   Email talsmitde         Edit/Delete Post 
The shadow books are bit more clear--except you have to wonder about the identity of the little Scandinavian boy on the cover, it definitely doesn't look like the Greek/African Bean.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
EG - I always thought the pic was of the battle school in orbit above earth but could be wrong?

SFTD - Not too sure about???

Xenocide - Thought is was Ender's ship in space???

COTM - Figured it was the genetic manipulator's planet or something???

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the YA covers. They make me laugh.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I think OSC has said that they really aren't anything as far as the story goes. They just look cool. Don't quote me on it though.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall OSC saying that he didn't have control over the covers and they all just came from the publisher. Which is why I was so embarrassed to read Alvin Maker. Do you think OSC would have chosen [URL]http://worldcat.org/wcpa/servlet/DCARead?standardNo=0812509242&standardNoType=1]just look at it[/URL]

It looks like a trashy romance novel.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.