FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Woot

Author Topic: Woot
Iain
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for Iain   Email Iain         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can happily say that I live in the same state as our most gracious host and author, Mr. Card.
I live in the little town of Newport.

My request is that someday he journey east of a Sunday and drop by the NC Maritime Museum in Beaufort, NC. I volunteer in the boat shop which is across the street from the main museum.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you can go and stalk him.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iain
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for Iain   Email Iain         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Or you can go and stalk him.

Why would I do that?
Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't stalking famous authors fun?
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not for the authors...
Posts: 15080 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Who cares about the authors?

Yay for irony! [Party]

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone seen the movie "Misery"?
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure someone has seen it. Kathy Bates won an Oscar for it. The people that voted for her might have just heard she did a good job though.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a movie?

(hee hee, I get to use a quote)

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

quote:
Originally posted by RunningBear:
It was a movie?

(hee hee, I get to use a quote)

The quote was "It was a book?"
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so if we did kidnap OSC do you think we could get him to write us a good book to make us rich?? or would he escape and leave us bleeding on the floor without arms....
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iain
Member # 9899

quote:
Originally posted by Feer:
has anyone seen the movie "Misery"?

Never heard of it. I am more into westerns and Sci Fi.
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crud, you are right.

wait, who says that I was quoting Mr. Card???

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.