FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Orson Scott Tarot Card

Author Topic: Orson Scott Tarot Card
Shnabubula
Member # 9834

- posted      Profile for Shnabubula   Email Shnabubula         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a cool trick. You can tell a lot about somebody based on which books they prefer in the ender quartet. Here's how it works:

they like ender's game: they have an understanding of loneliness and mastery.

they like speaker: they have the ability to empathize and teach others

they like xenocide: they have direct experience with and appreciation for suffering

the like Children of the Mind: they have a deep sense of spirituality

Try it.. it's quite accurate. Anybody care to try it with the Shadow Books?

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm . . . not accurate. My favorite is Speaker, but it has more to do with the interesting family dynamics and alien customs. I suppose I can teach others, but empathy has never been one of my strong abilities.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I also disagree. It doesn't apply to me.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I like all of those books
I guess all of those apply.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does this tarot only say positive things? That's no fun.

[ December 29, 2006, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shnabubula
Member # 9834

- posted      Profile for Shnabubula   Email Shnabubula         Edit/Delete Post 
okay... lets try negative..

you like ender's game: You have lots of self hatred

you like speaker for the dead: you come from a broken family

you like xenocide: you have obsessive tendencies lol a bit obvious I'll admit

you like children of the mind: you're a fan of theoretics [take that mr. card]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd switch those two for ender's game and speaker around- seems speaker is more to do with guilt and self-loathing really. Broken families are the subjects of both books.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
We can also do it with desserts.

If you like ice cream, you're cold and yet sweet.
If you prefer pecan pie, you're nutty.
If you like chocolate, you have a dark outlook on life (unless it's white chocolate).
If you like fruitcake...

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Last Person
Member # 8896

- posted      Profile for The Last Person   Email The Last Person         Edit/Delete Post 
good idea in theory... but i dont think it works
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Though I like Speaker I am neither 1)very empathetic nor a teacher-type nor 2)from a broken family.

Although I am cold and yet sweet... [Wink]

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.