FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Error in Ender's Game

Author Topic: Error in Ender's Game
Cyronist
Member # 9691

- posted      Profile for Cyronist           Edit/Delete Post 
This might have already been reported, but in my first paperback edition of Ender's Game on page 222 6 lines up from the bottom it says "Ender got to his fee."
Has this already been reported and/or am I in the wrong place?

Posts: 57 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Printing errors happen.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Cyronist,
In my book, the whole line is
quote:
Ender got to his fee. "It'll be $250 a day, plus expenses.", he said.
That fits fine.

---

You can bring it up here and if there's actually a problem in the manuscript, it's possible that you will have helped fix it. I imagine some people are going to check their books now to see. It sounds more likely, as dh said, that this is a printing error. Either way, no worries.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have printing errors in my King James Bible. In Luke there is a "sinnner" and in the Harmony of the Gospels (which is in the reference section) something is misspelled. I forget what. I can proofread text. I can't imagine proofreading a reverence chart. Well, apparently I can, but it's really not something I'd volunteer to do.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sibyl
Member # 10079

- posted      Profile for Sibyl   Email Sibyl         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, you omitted two necessary commas between "222" and "6", and after "bottom".

Printing errors, typoes, and even grammar errors happen, but each makes it more difficult for the reader to get the intended meaning.

There's a major lawsuit, involving millions of dollars, in Canada right now. The crux of it is an omitted comma in a legal agreement.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Squick, [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.