FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Need hardback copy of EG

Author Topic: Need hardback copy of EG
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So I have finally convinced my wife to read EG on our upcoming vacation. She is not much of a reader. She says she reads slow and has some ADD issues so she doesn't get that much enjoyment out of reading. She knows how much I love EG and would like to see what the big deal is.

Here is the catch. She can not stand the feel of paperback pages. She also can't stand cardboard. I think it is weird to say the least.

I have not run across a hardback copy of EG and we don't have a huge selection of used bookstores here in Tulsa.

I'm not looking for an expensive copy or a first run, but I would like to try to find a hardcopy for her to read.

I need to get one in my hands by June 1.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
The new "gift edition" of Ender's Game is in hardback. It came out last October, and most bookstores in my area are carrying it. It has a different cover design, but that's it. Here's an Amazon link:

http://tinyurl.com/2h3cwq

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

I saw that. Is it the regular book?
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you feel, as I do, that the removal of the N-word was a shameful desecration in later editions.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

Yes, I believe it's the same as the mass market paperback that's out right now, brojack. Just with a nifty cover.

In nifty-cover-related news; what is this?
Am I just oblivious for never seeing this cover before? Or is it new?

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Yeah, what is with that? What is that supposed to be?
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
The cover is the trade paperback edition published in the UK.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

I can't see it very well on Amazon. Is there somewhere else on-line that has a bigger picture?
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Unless you feel, as I do, that the removal of the N-word was a shameful desecration in later editions.

I have the hardback gift edition, and if I remember correctly it has the original text.
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

quote:
Originally posted by kacard:
The cover is the trade paperback edition published in the UK.

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks!
brojack17
Member # 9189

Not to me, can someone explain?
Siannan
Member # 10481

- posted      Profile for Siannan   Email Siannan         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a different edition for the U.K. At least that's what I got from the post.
Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyronist
Member # 9691

- posted      Profile for Cyronist           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
Yeah, what is with that? What is that supposed to be?

If your asking what the image is, I'm guessing its the logo for Dragon Army.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salsa
Member # 10530

- posted      Profile for Salsa           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's June 5th. Did you get the book?
Posts: 49 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.