FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Any word on the last Alvin novel?

Author Topic: Any word on the last Alvin novel?
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
I really want this book written!
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the release date was somewhere in the "As Soon As People Stop Bugging Him About It" era somewhere. [Wink]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
dont doubt the CARD he can write it whenever he wants ... or doesnt want. just reread Empire for the 84th time.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

but will he write it when I want???
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't think it really matters when you want it. It'll get written when it get's written. Give the man a break. He's not our slave.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read all the other OSC books too many times? I've always simply re-read and treasured his other books while in waiting for a new release. I must have read the homecoming series at least 10 times.

I like the Alvin series, and I apologize to Mr. Card, but I highly doubt he is going to surpass the the first two astoundingly wonderful books. So while I would love to read a new Alvin book, it's not something I need right this instant.

[ June 02, 2007, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
*New Alvin book?!?*

If the Crystal City wasn't the last, then it isn't nearly as disappointing.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

How about I need this book written?
Nick
Member # 4311

Your need isn't as pressing as his need for a life, for free time, and the ability to choose what books he wants to write and when. I think pleasing fans is important, but he can't do it all the time.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

would you settle for "I wish he would write it?"
Nick
Member # 4311

What I settle for is irrelevant. I was just pointing out that you're being awfully demanding of the man. When is the work of a rushed craftsman good?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Refer to this.
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually thought the Alvin series got better as it went, so I really think I'd enjoy a new Alvin book. However, I'm more interested in a new book in almost every other series. The final Ender book plays on my brain. I haven't even been able to re-read the Women of Genesis series, because I'm so interested in what's next. However, I've learned to be more patient, mostly because my favorite series, Homecomming, is already over. That's SO dissappointing. I've decided it's better to be able to HOPE for more than to know it's over, so in a way I'm not all that eager for him to finish any of the new series books.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.