FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Red Prophet- The Tales of Alvin Maker Vol 1

Author Topic: Red Prophet- The Tales of Alvin Maker Vol 1
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry if this question has alreay been addressed, but I got a notice from Borders/Barnes and Noble this morning that Red Prophet- The Tales of Alvin Maker Volume 1 is available.

I noticed that there are more authors and illustrators listed for this book. Is it the same or different from the original Red Prophet?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a comic book version.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Stephan
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered my copy yesterday. I hope it's good!
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished reading it, I loved it...thought it was great! Extremely faithful to the book so far and really nice to "see it".
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why it took me 6 months to get around to reading the RED PROPHET comics, but they are really good.

I read Red Prophet (the novel) about 10 years ago. At the time, it was not one of my favorites. I think I would have enjoyed it better, but I read it soon after Lovelock and Seventh Son -- two of my all-time OSC Top 10.

The graphic novel form has allowed me to go back and experience the story again with a fresh set of eyes--especially knowing now how the Alvin Maker series will develop in its many sequels. I have an appreciation for the story that now that I somehow missed ten years ago.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been listening to the whole series again and I'm hoping to hear that the last book is going to be out soon as I just finished Heartfire.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

I just finished Red Prophet Vol 2 (issues 6-12). I was very impressed. I hope Marvel decides to adapt the other books in the series, especially Seventh Son which explains many of the concepts only alluded to in Red Prophet.
Stephen Sunday
Member # 10466

- posted      Profile for Stephen Sunday   Email Stephen Sunday         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to be truly happy until the next/last Alvin book actually comes out. Any word on that, guys?

Dying over here in Cincinnati.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.