FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » I won't let my father read Lovelock

Author Topic: I won't let my father read Lovelock
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
Because I'm afraid he'll die before the sequels are finished.

I introduced him to OSC's work and he has enjoyed it.

Please, OSC, please finish the series before it's too late for us.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you Seatarsprayan. I loved Lovelock and I would love to see even just one more book in the trilogy. It continues to be posted in the "works in progress" section of the site, so maybe that's hopeful news...
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Your explanation is really not what I expected. Though I honestly forgot about the scene under the bed until someone brought it up later on.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Good book. I just finished it last night, after starting yesterday afternoon. Interesting read, with some interesting ideas, but there were some things that were pretty jarring.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I really liked Lovelock, but at the ending I was just twitching, you know? Like "the story can't end now!" I always feel a little like that at the end of a book I've bothered to finish, but I felt really a lot more of that at the end of Lovelock.

I don't know, maybe it will instill a iron will to survive in your dad.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. it's been many years, OSC's writing style has changed a lot. Not sure if it would be the same book. Or the same half book, assuming Kathy Kidd's style hasn't changed [Wink]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Well, knowing that Lovelock won't be the main character in the next installment might help. Like, you can read the book knowing that there isn't a sequel about Lovelock.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that known? Is it known who the main character will be?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Rasputin, who is an enhanced cat.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Are they going to finish up the loose ends at the end of Lovelock from another character's point of view? Or is it just another novel in the same universe with Lovelock left open ended.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

No one knows?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Mostly the latter, I think.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

[Cry]
pwiscombe
Member # 181

- posted      Profile for pwiscombe   Email pwiscombe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seatarsprayan:
Because I'm afraid he'll die before the sequels are finished.

Funny, I'm not letting my children start the series for the same reason...
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.