FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » actors for the Ender movie (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: actors for the Ender movie
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Clandestineguitarplayer:
I think we should just go all out and have Pam Anderson as Valentine... I'd watch it... And who says 'The Rock' cant play bean? I mean, who knows what color he is... He could be part African...

Is The Rock part African? I didn't know.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Since he's from Hayward California, I always assumed he was Polynesian, maybe Filipino, because Hayward has a huge Filipino and Polynesian community. He's actually half black-Canadian and half Samoan, which also fits with the Hayward demographics.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, George Clooney as Graff, Colin Ferrel as (an Irish) Anderson. Think about it!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GinaG
Member # 11862

- posted      Profile for GinaG           Edit/Delete Post 
This is slightly o/t, but I've noticed that OSC gives very little info on the physical appearance of his characters. Do we even "know" what Ender looks like? I recall him telling Valentine her kids will be "shockingly blonde," but since she married a Scandi, you could assume that was because of Jakt.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC's said that that's a conscious choice of his, not to give much physical description. I remember he was annoyed when the publisher put an image of the protagonist on the cover of Saints.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
I've said it once and I'll say it again, George Clooney as Graff, Colin Ferrel as (an Irish) Anderson. Think about it!

Pfft. Horrible idea. Much better to go with my plan of doing the whole story as a one man show staring Robin Williams.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd watch that.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Pfft. Horrible idea. Much better to go with my plan of doing the whole story as a one man show staring Robin Williams.

[ROFL]
I had to practically breathe in my hand (using it to cover my mouth) to keep from laughing too loudly here at work.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
He keeps saying he won't do it, but in the end, the only way I can see this working is to get someone like Pixar to do some sort of animated work on this.. real high quality kind of thing.. I mean, while the movie was TERRIBLE there was that film last year with the model based on Angelina Jolie.. that kind of animation..
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
"I mean, while the movie was TERRIBLE there was that film last year with the model based on Angelina Jolie"

It was no masterpiece, but terrible? As you said...Angelina Jolie. A lot of her.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty Terrible. Admittedly, it wasn't "The Day The Earth Stood Still" Remake terrible, but pretty bad. But the animation quality was solid.
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Robin Williams in the One Man Show, of Ender's Game

-Ender: I'm playing a game!
+(weird voice) What game?
-A game that's real!
+A really good game?
-Noo!!!!!!

-I killed the formics!
+the what?
-the formics!
+the kitchen counter?
-Not the formica, the buggers
+the what?
-The aliens! But not like the ones that pop out of your chest and look up at you and maybe ask you for a cigarrette, you know? (weird voice) "How's it going out here?" Oh not bad little buddy that lives inside of me eating all my organs, just wait a while, don't go anywhere, we've got exciting things to come!

And so on forever.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tmservo:
Pretty Terrible. Admittedly, it wasn't "The Day The Earth Stood Still" Remake terrible, but pretty bad. But the animation quality was solid.

And, on that topic, I was surprised that OSC gave a thumbs up to TDTESS - usually his tastes in movies and mine are similar...

Definitely not in this case.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.