FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A War of -what- Gifts?

Author Topic: A War of -what- Gifts?
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what kind of presents they have an option of giving up there. Old food? A nice message? a ticket for 'Dink won't freeze you in the battleroom today'?? .. A shank?

What else could there be?

.. judas

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess we’re glad OSC is writing it and not you!!! ;-)

I bet they’ll be very crafty. These kids are geniuses so I’m sure they’ll come up with something neat for each other.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
To: Dink. From: Ender. Enclosed: One giant's corpse.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
To: Dink. From: Ender. Enclosed: One giant's corpse.

[ROFL]
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so strange....

That's all I have to say.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
They could give each other towels.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

towels folded origami style.

"Petra was confused when she found a towel on her bed having the likeness of a swan."

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vamp96
Member # 9030

- posted      Profile for Vamp96   Email Vamp96         Edit/Delete Post 
They could give each other wicked cool computer programs.

Or maybe they could swipe contraband from the staff.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A nice message?
A nice massage.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we'll all be fooled, and it's a different meaning for the word "gifts".

Maybe they'll have a talent show to see who can burp the national anthem, or get the best momentum going froma fart. ;-)

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salsa
Member # 10530

- posted      Profile for Salsa           Edit/Delete Post 
I usually don't "lol" when I'm on the internet. Right now I seriously laughed.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Swap desks?

Spare uniforms so someone in Battle School can wear pajamas?

The commander's hook?

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judas
Member # 7355

nice.. the hook would be a cool gift.

Someone in 'Flame' army could stuff a blanket in their belly and use toilet paper or pillow cover to make a beard/other white hair. Then they'd be a Santa. And could visit the other little boys and girls as a gift.

..judas

Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they could trade letters from home, for the kids that didn't get to many of them? Who knows what kids of this mental caliber woudl think of, or appreciate.

Personally I would like to see Bean get some platform shoes.

Petra would get a lump of coal, and Ender could make it into a diamond Mac Gyver style.

Maybe they could email each other their best jokes, or make one up about themselves to give to their "enemy"

I am actually going to be looking for this, as I do with everything form the Ender 'verse.

Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.