FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Woot, new Ender Story in IGMS 7

Author Topic: Woot, new Ender Story in IGMS 7
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally ! Gotta read it [Smile]
Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked this one. And I think we're going to see it in some form again as part of Ender in Exile.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty smart Crash [Smile]
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Its a good one. It is funny that Val and Peter were so sure that their parents were stupid, yet their parents knew exactly what buttons to push.

I'm ready for Ender in Exile to come out...I already preordered it from amazon.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
*Spoilers*

I really wish I would have remembered this in the original help thread (and thus, been of some help), but in Shadow of the Hegemon, Mrs. Wiggin has a conversation with Bean (Chapter 9; relevant part starting on page 181 and ending on 182 in the paperback version) about how it took great effort to not "...claw his arrogant little eyes out..." (referring to Peter) when he pushed for Ender not to come home; then goes on to speculate on his motives for exiling him. Considering that she makes it a point of telling Bean that she's being up front with him, it might be hard to spin this.

A potential way of fixing it would be to include (in the final version that will likely show up in Exile) a copy of the essay(s) that did the job so that Mrs. Wiggin's words take on a new context, in that they are referring to Peter's method of keeping Ender away rather than the act itself.

Just a thought.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why but I find the stories or parts of stories about the parents very interesting and would love to see more from their point of view.

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been craving more since Shadow Puppets...the scenes with Peter are hilarious. Then we got a small sliver in First Meetings...but I want more...lol

At this rate we'll have enough for an Ender short story anthology. And as an Ender zombie I'll be the first to buy it.

[ May 16, 2008, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged ]

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Wowbagger, are you also T;Man?
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
In a word...No
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but are you T:man? Or were you?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
If he was, he would have mentioned the absolute need to save Bean somewhere in his post.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, i agree with c3po, hes definetly not the t:man i know LOL
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowbagger is not me, I changed my myspace.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Bean needs to be saved before it is too late!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenox
Member # 8987

- posted      Profile for Zenox   Email Zenox         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, another really good short story. This is making me really excited for Ender in Exile.
I like having more on Ender's Parents, and having this whole issue cleaned up was done very well here. [Big Grin]

Posts: 58 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.