FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Bender's Game

Author Topic: Bender's Game
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if OSC knows that the next Futurama movie apppears to be spoofing Ender's Game, though perhaps only in the title. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama:_Bender's_Game

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the second Futurama movie.
Not dissapointed.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

bump
Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Per Wiki:
quote:
Release date(s) United States:
November 4, 2008

You do know that this is their first fantasy outing, and will not be associated with Ender's Game at all except for the title, right?
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clumpy
Member # 8122

- posted      Profile for Clumpy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad they went for the obvious pun we've all been thinking about since the show debuted. The book is officially pop culture. What a wonderfully geeky show.
Posts: 127 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

quote:
Originally posted by Achilles:
Per Wiki:
quote:
Release date(s) United States:
November 4, 2008

You do know that this is their first fantasy outing, and will not be associated with Ender's Game at all except for the title, right?
Well, like I said, the reference may only be in the title. There's nothing in the plot description that sounds familiar. We'll have to wait and see if they might throw an Ender's game joke or two in there though
Achilles
Member # 7741

(It's their tribute to D&D)
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clandestineguitarplayer
Member # 11571

- posted      Profile for Clandestineguitarplayer   Email Clandestineguitarplayer         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Futurama so frickin much! It was my childhood comedy and I think it was a cardinal sin to take it off the air before it was properly finished... i am hoping that this next movie gets them signed up with some network, they were just a little before their time and the 90s werent ready for them... People get it now and I dont know anyone who hates Futurama... If they came out with a new series I would be fulfilled as a human being LOL! Everyone buy their new movie!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 93 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I have to chime in. I HATE Futurama. I'm not sure exactly why, but it has always grated on my nerves.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I cant stand that show either lol
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe fox picked it back up
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clandestineguitarplayer
Member # 11571

- posted      Profile for Clandestineguitarplayer   Email Clandestineguitarplayer         Edit/Delete Post 
They did!? I am so happy now! I have to go and tell everyone! Wait, are you sure?
Posts: 93 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark
Member # 6393

So far, the only thing confirmed is another movie after Bender's Game. I believe the movies will be split into episodes to air on tv.
beanssmallerbrother
Member # 11773

- posted      Profile for beanssmallerbrother           Edit/Delete Post 
Futurama is hilarious and I'm psyched to hear about this does anyone know about the 1st movie (such as if it is good/worth buying or renting) since I didn't even know about these I'm now pretty excited
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

The first two?

Benders Big Score
Very campy catchup on Futurama. I liked it, but it had more in-jokes than just regular jokes. It attempts to get every character ever seen in the series into the act. You definately get more out of it if you are the type to watch Futurama ad nauseum (which I am).

The Beast with a Billion Backs
Stronger, IMHO, than the first effort. The plot is mostly straightforward, and not as campy. If you're looking for a good continuation of what made Futurama great, this is the movie.

I liked them both. I bought 'em. But if you feel you want to rent first, then yeah, I'd recommend them.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Each of the movies is going to be split into 4 episodes. The four movies are going to become the next season of Futurama on Fox (16 new eps).
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

Fox? Really, I hadn't heard that.

Where's that irony emoticon?

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not on FOX, its on Comedy Central.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

That I had heard.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. Thanks for the correction. [Smile]
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.