FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender Will Save Us All

Author Topic: Ender Will Save Us All
la.SOMA
Member # 10608

- posted      Profile for la.SOMA   Email la.SOMA         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm just curious if anyone has ever heard the song "ender will save us all" by dashboard confessional.

i'm not so much a fun of their music anymore but they were quite a guilty pleasure about 5 years ago.

there are two version of the song. one from the EP "summer's kiss." the other version is from their first full-length album. i recommend the summer's kiss version.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
In an interview with Chris Carrabra he said that the song was about a friend of his that he had a falling out with and what brought them back together was their love of the Ender's Game series.

Chris got into the Ender's Game books because his middle name is Ender.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris's middle name is Andrew.
He changed it to Ender because of his love of the books.

Promise.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I read a phony interview because I found an article in blender that says the title came from a joke a female friend played on him.

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1957

Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.