FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » what should i read next

Author Topic: what should i read next
lynda
Member # 11730

- posted      Profile for lynda           Edit/Delete Post 
i just finished all the ender and shadow series books.i loved them all!!! I am very impressed with OSC writing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should read next? (i need something to read until E in E)
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read First Meeting in the Enderverse or War of Gifts?
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynda
Member # 11730

- posted      Profile for lynda           Edit/Delete Post 
yes
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
The Alvin Maker series is good. The first book is Seventh Son.
If you want more from the Enderverse you could get the short stories from IGMS.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the book I read next was The Worthing Saga. Some of the characters in it are quite similar to Enderverse ones so it's easy to get into.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
If you're just looking for something to tie you up for a few weeks and if it has to be Mr. Card's works, I would say Empire or Pastwatch. Both lead into very interesting research once you're done with the books.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked going through the Alvin Maker series after the Enderverse stories. I concur with Xann read all of the short stories on IGMS and War of GIfts and FIrst Meetings. I really like reading series but stand alones are fun too.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clandestineguitarplayer
Member # 11571

- posted      Profile for Clandestineguitarplayer   Email Clandestineguitarplayer         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually found the book 'Homebody' to be a very good one... I read that after the Speaker/Shadow books and I found the new style quite interesting, its the same author you can tell but his tones are so different, it just goes to show what a really good author can do with words! I recommend that one...
Posts: 93 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
Lost Boys
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.