FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Indian Jones and the Redemtion of Christopher Columbus

Author Topic: Indian Jones and the Redemtion of Christopher Columbus
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
Or Pastwatch and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls

Ok Ok I know that its a stretch but as I just rewatched IJ4 I kept thinking about Pastwatch. The interdimensional beings, not aliens, came and taught technology to the South Americans where they built a great city and blah blah blah.

Anyone think I'm crazy or can you see the connection.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all Spielberg's talk of avoiding CGI, why in the world did he use it to show the alien close up at the end? It looked like crap, and a latex model would have worked just as well.

I know it has nothing to do with your question, but I'm still pissed about it. I thought it was a fairly good movie otherwise.

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't have minded at least a hint of an explanation on how 6 Spanish Conquistadors managed to steal the skull from the crazy psychic super alien in the first place.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have liked a more in-depth examination of the kind of culture that apparently plasters its best warriors inside the walls of an ancient tomb just in case somebody happens by.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clumpy
Member # 8122

- posted      Profile for Clumpy           Edit/Delete Post 
My understanding is that George Lucas was responsible for most of the crap at the end. He wanted CGI creatures and ridiculous nonsense through the whole flick but Spielberg talked him out of it.

It's become fashionable to blame George Lucas for everything, but I haven't seen any evidence that he hasn't undergone some sort of Gary Busey-style brain damage over the last 20 years, only moreso. If I got the chance to work on a Lucas film I'd probably get fired right away for mouthing off at him watching him fling poop everywhere.

Posts: 127 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
He's one of the wealthiest men in the world.

He has people to fling poop for him.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
You might say he is the King-o-Town
Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.