FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Orson Scott Card Joins NOM Board (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Orson Scott Card Joins NOM Board
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puppy:
By the way, kmb, I hope there are no hard feelings about the fact that I pretty much opened a can on you back there [Smile] I think I read your intentions differently than you meant them, and though I was surprised by what I read, I had a lot of built-up frustration to express [Smile]

I presume that we still disagree, of course, but in a friendlier sort of way.

No problem. Of course, no hard feelings. I'm not sure we even disagree all that much on SSM although I agree with Tom that selling civil unions for everybody is not going to happen even though it would be the best solution.

My point in comparing anti-SSM arguments today to anti-civil rights arguments is not to demonize anybody or even to deny that those fears are valid. It is to make the point that those arguments and fears are no more a reason to stop pushing for equality now than they were 40 years ago and no more reason to settle for less than equality.

I'm sure we do disagree on LDS doctrine, but I'm sure we disagree on Catholic doctrine, too. I'm not particularly fussed about that.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.