FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Happy Birthday!!

Author Topic: Happy Birthday!!
0palmtree6
Member # 11560

- posted      Profile for 0palmtree6   Email 0palmtree6         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Orson!!

Today (August 24th) is his 58th birthday...

May you celebrate many more happy, healthy, fulfilling years.

-palm

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
(Sorry I'm late to the thread... having a five-month-old and a two-year old does cut into the computer time...)

Happy Birthday, Mr. Card! For a gift, I would like to share with you a fable by my other favorite author, Leo Tolstoy.

quote:
The Dogs and the Cook

A cook was preparing a dinner. The dogs were lying in the yard near the kitchen door. The cook butchered a calf and threw the guts out into the yard. The dogs picked them up and ate them, and said:
"He's a good cook; he cooks wonderfully."

After a while the cook began to peel turnips and onions, and threw the peelings into the yard. The dogs went over to them, then turned their noses up, and said:
"Our cook has gone downhill; he used to cook well, but not anymore."

But the cook paid no attention to the dogs, and continued to fix the dinner in his own way. The dinner was eaten and praised by the masters -- not the dogs.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oscfan
Member # 12170

- posted      Profile for oscfan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mr. Card! Happy belated birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful year and continue to write amazing books that rock our worlds!

Warm regards, your number one fan

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.