FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Selling my huge 1st edition OSC collection

Author Topic: Selling my huge 1st edition OSC collection
RynoW1
Member # 8365

- posted      Profile for RynoW1   Email RynoW1         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey friends! I don't know if this is the right place to do this but I thought I'd let my OSC fan friends the first chance to buy this collection. I'm putting them all up on craigslist and/or ebay shortly.

Up for sale is my collection of Orson Scott Card 1st edition books. I've been collecting these for many many years but have fallen on some hard times and need to get rid of them. I've spent a lot of money and time building this collection. All books are 1st edition 1st printing unless otherwise noted. Some are signed and limited edition. All of the hardbound books have their dust jackets in protective plastic covers and most of the softbound are in sleeves. They come from a non-smoking home. If there are any questions on condition or if someone would like to see a photo of a specific book other than what are below, let me know.

I'm sad to see these go and hope they find a good home. [Smile] I'd like to sell these as a set and at this point am not willing to divide them up.

Make me an offer because I have yet to decide how much I'd like to sell these for. Again, I have photos of everything available on request.

Email me at romeotalbot@gmail.com if you are interested. [Smile]

Here is what I have:

Ender's Game (This is the real deal 1st ed 1st printing. It is an ex library book and has the card slot still in it. Not in the best condition in the world but comes with the original dust jacket)

Analog Magazine (w/ Ender's Game short story)

Speaker For the Dead

First Meeting (special edition signed #340 out of #350)

First Meeting (shorter original printing)

Xenocide

Children of the Mind

Enders Shadow

Shadow Puppets

Shadow of the Hegemon

Shadow of the Giant

Seventh Son

Red Prophet

Prentice Alvin

Alvin Journeyman

Crystal City

Memory of Earth

Call of Earth

Ships of Earth

Earthfall

Earthborn

Heartfire

Enchantment

Treasure Box

A Story Teller in Zion

Maps in a Mirror

Songmaster (Signed card by the author inside. Very rare and in great shape. )

Lost Boys

Empire

Saints (Signed special edition hardcover #93 out of #111)

An Open Book

Magic Street

Pastwatch Redemption

Lovelock

The Worthing Saga (Signed by the author, soft bound 1st edition)

"Listen Mom and Dad..."

Getting Lost

A Planet Called Treason (Hardbound very rare)

Magic Mirror (signed)

Ainge (Softbound)

Hart's Hope (softbound)

Eye for Eye (signed, softbound)

Unaccompanied Sonata (signed, softbound)

The Abyss (softbound)

Folk of the Fringe (hardbound, rare edition)

Hot Sleep (large softbound, awesome 70's sci-fi cover)

Wyrms (rare hardbound)

Capitol (softbound)

Homebody

Robota

A Woman of Destiny (softbound, beat up)

6 Ironman comics

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Ryan

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty impressive collection. There's no way that I could offer you a fraction of what it's probably worth, but I wish you luck in finding a loving home for it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RynoW1
Member # 8365

Thanks Noemon. We will see. I know I won't get out of it what I put in but what can you do?
Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryno,
I'm really sorry that it came to this for you. I remember you as being very enthusiastic in building this collection. Good luck.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Ryno, have you posted about the collection over on PWeb? It occurs to me that that's another place where you might find people who would appreciate it as more than just a financial investment.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RynoW1
Member # 8365

I haven't. I'll check it out. I live in Portland which is a great place for people that appreciate books but no takers so far.
Iarn Greiper
Member # 10731

- posted      Profile for Iarn Greiper           Edit/Delete Post 
Interested, sent you an email.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RynoW1
Member # 8365

Hi again everyone,

I actually decided to divide up the Orson Scott Card collection just to get them out the door. I posted them all on ebay with no reserve and a REALLY low starting bid ($1.00).

Here is the link to view them all:

http://shop.ebay.com/voteforpedro1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Feel free to bid if you like. [Smile] Thanks again and I continue to really enjoy this community.

Cheers,

Ryan

Noemon
Member # 1115

2 hours and 45 minutes left on the auction of these things, folks (he said, knowing that that meant that it was more likely that someone would outbid him, but being more interested in Ryno getting something closer to what his books are worth than he is in actually acquiring any of them).
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a 1st edition copy of Songmaster and the issue of Analog that features the Ender's Game short story. I bid on a number of other things too, but was outbid, happily.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I received the book and the magazine last night. I couldn't believe that they reached me as quickly as they did. Thanks Ryan!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.