FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Mark Zuckerberg likes Ender's Game

Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg likes Ender's Game
Mark
Member # 6393

- posted      Profile for Mark   Email Mark         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if OSC knows the world's youngest billionaire is a fan. It's the only book he lists on his facebook page, though it's not his favorite.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/09/20/100920fa_fact_vargas

From the article:

In our last interview—this one over the phone—I asked Zuckerberg about “Ender’s Game,” the sci-fi book whose hero is a young computer wizard.

“Oh, it’s not a favorite book or anything like that,” Zuckerberg told me, sounding surprised. “I just added it because I liked it. I don’t think there’s any real significance to the fact that it’s listed there and other books aren’t. But there are definitely books—like the Aeneid—that I enjoyed reading a lot more.”

Posts: 94 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know that I'd call Ender a computer wizard, either.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Describing the protagonist as a "computer wizard" is very misleading to those who haven't read Ender's Game, but Ender does do his share of hacking.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fremen
Member # 11984

- posted      Profile for Fremen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think he's right behind Bean as far as manipulating the Computer System (HE BEAT THE GIANT'S DRINK).

Although it is weird that EG is the only game on Zuck's FB...

Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think that since the only OTHER book he mentions is the Aeneid, that EG is in good company....
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.