FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Cover art on subsequent Ender books

Author Topic: Cover art on subsequent Ender books
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm familiar with the story of how Ender's Game got the original cover art, which was that someone just picked a spaced out picture. For some reason I was thinking it was a trio of pictures that were used for a trilogy. Are subsequent covers (So, COTM on) by the same artist or what?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Which cover is the first one? Do you have a link?
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
This link should show it.
http://www.amazon.com/Enders-Game-Ender-Book-1/dp/0812550706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316915112&sr=8-1

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roberto Causo
Member # 12664

- posted      Profile for Roberto Causo   Email Roberto Causo         Edit/Delete Post 
Artwork for the first three Ender's books were done by British science fiction artist John Harris. Indeed, they were images that Harris had done in the early 80s for a personal work called "Mass"--a series of scence fictional images involving large structures and spaceships. I suppose that, later on, new artwork by Harris was commissioned, in order to keep the same aesthetics on subsequent covers.

Harris is a very good artist with a very personal touch, almost mystical sometimes, but his covers for the series have nothing to do with the contents of the novels.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer the newer cover, which shows Ender sort of hovering and facing the reader.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.