FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Earth Unaware

Author Topic: Earth Unaware
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Does everyone except me know about this fantastic news?! First Formic War! Earth Unaware?! I wont be able to sleep tonight! Please tell me I'm not the last one to learn about what I am sure is going to be a marvellous... flabbergasting book!
I am so excited!
Any leaks about it?
Wow.
Again.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
I read about it recently and didn't really know what to think about it. OSC hasn't talked much about it, as far as I'm aware.

I think Wikipedia has an entry on it.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
It appear to be a novelized expansion of the storyline that has been running in the Formic Wars comics series by Marvel.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have been reading the comic, or looking forward to the novelization, OSC's co-author Aaron Johnston is sometimes talking/tweeting about it on his twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/aaronwjohnston

I myself have been buying, but not reading, the comics, mostly because I feel like there's a lot of character thought and stuff in classic OSC style I'd love to read. Reading the comic leaves me a bit unsatisfied - perhaps when I've read the novel, I can immediately pick up the comics and say "Oh, that's what it looks like, that's the spatial relationships in that scene," but for me, the Ender's Game series is about the deep introspective bits, so I miss them when they're gone.

Which, now that I think about it, probably makes me not the ideal Ender's Game film-watcher...oh, dear.

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh, I too am soooo nervous about the film. Really, its impossible for me no to go and watch it, but I really hope there wont be much about it on the Internet and TV. Just allow me to forget about it if I want to...
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.