FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Alvin Maker Movie?

Author Topic: Alvin Maker Movie?
Graeme
Member # 12543

- posted      Profile for Graeme           Edit/Delete Post 
I just read on the Deadline Hollywood homepage that a movie called "The Seventh Son" has been cast. Actors include Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore. The article says that the movie is based on a "...series of young adult books about a teen who learns the art of wizardry after discovering that he is the seventh son of a seventh son." The article also includes an image of the Seventh Son novel by OSC.

Is an Alvin Maker movie in the works, and has it indeed been cast?

Posts: 47 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. No idea why the article includes OSC's book cover.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/5105
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28590/

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZachC
Member # 12709

- posted      Profile for ZachC   Email ZachC         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that makes sense rivka, for a second I thought the article was referring to the dreadful series by Angie Sage (Septimus Heap).
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graeme
Member # 12543

- posted      Profile for Graeme           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know; Thanks, rikva.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
A Septimus Heap movie is on the way. Not a bad series, especially if you are in the target audience. I've read the first three to my kids (under 10).
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.