FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game - help me brainstorm party idea

Author Topic: Ender's Game - help me brainstorm party idea
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to be teaching this book later this year to my 8th graders. I want to do a literature party when we finish. In the past the other teacher did something really cool with Lord of the Flies making different stations such as opening coconuts with crude tools, face painting, tribal dances and building shelters from nature objects. I want to do something similar with Ender's Game but I need some ideas. Creating a huge battle room is probably not in the budget [Wink]

Any ideas on fun activities that tie-in that can be done in stations over the course of a one hour class?

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Animal badges/mascots/something related to the armies; ant farms; geographic/political boundary game type things, building rafts out of Popsicle sticks and having tiny Ender and Val talk on them as they float in a bowl; working together to acheive some kind of Battle Room type objective (possibly an obstacle course), marksmanship (Nerf?), laser tag.

No idea if any of these are interesting or possible, but they occured to me.

Great idea to have an Ender's Game themed party, though!

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.