FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Any ETA on Laddertop Volume 3?

Author Topic: Any ETA on Laddertop Volume 3?
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this still in the works?
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know too.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
It is still in the works. Don't have a pub date yet, but the manuscript is finished. No word on the progress of the art.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, looking forward to it.

It has to be frustrating for an author to finish a book, then wait for months for it to be published. With comics, it's even worse, you have to wait for an artist and colorist too.

Lawrence Block self-published his latest mystery. He said he lost money doing it that way, but it cut down publication time to only 1 month. He reasoned that at his age (77) "well, I shouldn't be buying green bananas anymore".

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p0lt
Member # 13454

- posted      Profile for p0lt           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any new information on the release date of Laddertop 3?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

Nothing yet on Amazon or publisher website
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, just inquired and got word that the artist has the manuscript and is working on it. Don't have a pub date yet, but it is coming.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

Awesome, thanks
p0lt
Member # 13454

- posted      Profile for p0lt           Edit/Delete Post 
any new updates on laddertop volume 3.. its been almost a year
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kuningas
Member # 14303

- posted      Profile for kuningas   Email kuningas         Edit/Delete Post 
My kids and I just discovered Laddertop this past year and they've read it multiple times. Is a volume 3 still in the works?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sami
Member # 14489

- posted      Profile for Sami           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I discovered it a couple of years ago! I really want number three to come out too [Frown] . Number two left us on a huge cliffhanger!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

Maybe at this point OSC can publish the script on his website. It seems like the art likely never got finished and/or the publisher gave up on the series.
HellerThriller
Member # 14505

- posted      Profile for HellerThriller           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Childs:
Maybe at this point OSC can publish the script on his website. It seems like the art likely never got finished and/or the publisher gave up on the series.

Yeah, I have the same thought also.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.